Guest Celebrity Blogger – Expectant Mom, Actress Angela Kinsey

AngelaEvery month we hope to share with you, a little peek inside the life of a celebrity parent or parent-to-be. We’ve asked them a bunch of questions and they’ve been kind enough to answer them (and then some!).

This month I am thrilled to introduce Angela Kinsey from NBC’s award winning show, “The Office.” (see the SAG award in Angela’s hand in the photo below?!!) We had the chance to meet Angela at an event in LA and the best part about meeting her is that she is nothing like her character on “The Office” (although they do share the same name).  Angela is a very sweet, southern woman who is funny, charming and a big bundle of adorable. (again, not like the Angela we’ve come to hate love on TV) Angela is expecting her first child on May 9th (which is my birthday!) and as you can imagine, she is very excited and a bit nervous as the days count down.  If you are as big of a fan of Angela (either one) as we are over here, you must check out The Office website where you can learn everything you want to know about her, including what she looked like as a child and even watch the video of when she told her costar, Jenna Fisher, that she was pregnant!

Angela

Now here is Angela to tell us about how she feels about becoming a new mom, family traditions she hopes to carry on and some of her own childhood memories…

What was the most surprising or significant thing you learned as an expectant mom?
I feel like I have learned so much in the last couple of months. I have signed up for every Mommie-to-be class there is! But my Grandmother told me that it’s just the tip of the iceberg. This is truly going to be a hands on, lifelong learning job!

What is the most exciting thing for you about becoming a new mom?
I have always wanted to be a Mom and honestly the most exciting thing to me about all of this is meeting my little girl. I cannot wait for that moment when I first see her and hear her voice. I’m sure I’ll be crying my eyes out. Tears of joy.

As a mom, what is the one thing you’re most curious to find out about?
What she looks like! We have brunettes, blondes and redheads and tall, short and everything in between in our families and I can’t wait to see which characteristics she gets.

Is there a tradition in your family that you would like to hand down to your daughter? Or, is there a tradition you would like to start with your own family?
When I was little my Dad called me his little partner. I followed him around everywhere. I couldn’t say partner so I called him my “padna-padna.”  We still call each other that and I can’t wait to call my daughter my lil’ padna-padna.

Do you have a favorite memory from your own childhood?
We had some great family bar-b-ques at my Grandparent’s house every summer and now my folks are continuing the tradition. Homemade potato salad and big slices of watermelon. There was a lot of sitting on the back porch telling stories and bare feet running through the grass. Those are some of my favorite family memories.

What was your favorite children’s book that you would like to read to your child?
I loved horses and ponies growing up and had a bunch of books about them. One of my favorites was Black Beauty.

What is your favorite Graco product?
So far my favorite Graco product is the Travel Lite Crib! I can’t wait to set it up in my trailer on the set of The Office. I want her close by and it is going to be perfect for a working gal like myself.

Tune in tonight and every Thursday at 9/8c on NBC where you can see Angela in action.  New episodes start again on April 10th.  We will be waiting to see if they reveal her bump or not!

16 Responses to “Guest Celebrity Blogger – Expectant Mom, Actress Angela Kinsey”

1. Devra Renner March 20, 2008 at 9:53 am #

Angela, just remember if you find you are overwhelmed by the classes, it’s okay to drop out! And yes, it is such an exciting time when parents get to meet their new wombmate!

Look forward to seeing you on The Office now that the strike is over!

Great interview Lindsay, from the picture you both see eye to eye anyway! ;)

2. Devra Renner March 20, 2008 at 9:54 am #

Oop,s Erin, did the interview! Sorry about the mistake in attribution!

3. Erin McHugh March 20, 2008 at 12:25 pm #

Thanks Devra! I can’t wait to catch some new episodes of The Office as well!

Oh and standing proud at a wopping 5.2′- I see eye to eye right along with Angela and Lindsay!

4. kristen March 20, 2008 at 3:16 pm #

not that the classes aren’t great, but your daughter will teach you so much more than you can ever imagine!! What an exciting time for you!

5. Poli March 21, 2008 at 4:33 am #

Very nice interview, I love Angela Kinsey and I’m very happy for her! I wish her all good, I’m sure she’ll be a wonderful Mom:)

6. SJ March 24, 2008 at 8:25 am #

Angela Kinsey is the coolest human being on the planet. She’s got it going on!

Good luck with the birth, Angie!

7. Miss Britt March 24, 2008 at 9:09 am #

Yeah, the classes are the tip of the iceberg – but at least they make you feel like you’re not walking in blind!

8. Jill P April 11, 2008 at 10:04 pm #

I’m so excited for you Angela! Girls are so fun and I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun shopping adventures with Jenna and your little one. Take care and enjoy every moment!

9. Gregory Mayeaux June 20, 2010 at 10:55 pm #

Hello,this is Gregory Mayeaux,just observed your Blog on google and i must say this blog is great.may I share some of the writing found in your website to my local friends?i am not sure and what you think?anyway,Thanks!

10. Stephan Wilkers September 2, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

Hi, I have to say awesome site you have, I found it in AOL. How do you get your traffic? Are you doing any SEO?

11. desenhos para colorir disney December 3, 2010 at 11:48 pm #

Hey friends, We found your webpage and I to remember its a great spot around here and I have to adress You are great. Maintain the strong website.

12. san diego listings December 4, 2010 at 4:54 am #

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I’m sure you had fun writing this article.

13. Chaussure Jordan December 4, 2010 at 6:38 am #

Enjoyed looking at this, very good stuff, thankyou !!!

14. Clara Rover December 16, 2010 at 4:39 pm #

There is clearly a bunch to identify about this. I think you made certain nice points in features also.

15. Leonardo DiCaprio March 30, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

1. Advertising Agencies - November 4, 2011

Tumblr article…

I saw a writer writing about this on Tumblr and it linked to…