Birthday Wishes to My Daughter

Happy BirthdayI fell in love with a post that I read about a mother writing a birthday letter to her daughter. Then I came across two other touching birthday letters. Seeing these letters, made me reflect on the past two years of my exciting & rewarding journey with PP. I keep a journal with letters to PP so she can read when she is older so I thought this was a good way to bring one of the entires to life.

Dear PP,
Two years old! How time flies. I remember when you were a few weeks old & all you could do was eat, sleep, poop. I loved how I could hold & cuddle with you (you were such a snuggle bunny). You were a very good baby.

Fast forward two years, you are a vibrant and happy little girl. You have such a great personality & love of life. You are super funny (which I have to believe is inherited from me) and you love running around & playing. I love how you jump into things & aren’t afraid to try new things (except when it comes to food). You also have a wonderful love of animals. You are so kind to our little Peaches–giving her “treats” and sharing your goldfish & cheerios. You give Peaches kisses goodnight & get so excited to see her in the morning.

But I think what I love most about you is the way you make me feel. You make me feel like a million bucks when you run into my arms & yell out excitedly, “Mommy, Mommy.” You are truly one of the most spectacular things to happen to me. I look forward to the many experiences we will encounter together.

I love you, PP. Have a wonderful second birthday!
All My Love,
Mommy

8 Responses to “Birthday Wishes to My Daughter”

1. Beth V April 1, 2008 at 11:48 am #

I love the idea of writing letters to your child so they can remember all of these milestones. It brought tears to my eyes as I read about the love my friend has for her daughter. It makes me so excited to have that bond with my child who is due this July. Thanks to mommy of PP for sharing this:)

2. Sally Spier April 1, 2008 at 11:00 pm #

What a neat idea. Hope you can continue to find the time to continue the letters/diary. I don’t know how you have time to do it and work too! I never had that kind of time when I had our kids. More power to you!

3. TLynch April 2, 2008 at 9:40 am #

On October 12, 2003 my mom handed me a box wrapped in pink wrapping paper. It was my 21st birthday and I was having a birthday celebration with my family. At first, when I saw the shape of the box I thought my mom had gotten me a pair of running shoes that I had desperatley needed, but when I opened it, I was suprised to find a box of letters that my mom had written to me on every birthday that I had up until now. I felt the emotions climb from my bottom of my feet to my eyes and soon enough the tears streamed down my face. My mom had taken the time to write so many letters all about ME!!! The details that were in each letter made me feel like I was living my childhood all over again. They brought great memories that I experienced as a child to life.

Melissa- my advice to you is to keep writing the letters every birthday for PP. The pink box that my mom gave me is by far the best present I have ever recieved. To this day I still find myself going through the letters and reading them over and over again. A child’s childhood is the best part of life and every detail that is captured is so meaningful years down the road. With your letters, PP will have the opportunity to relive her childhood!!

Thanks for making me remember my pink box!!

4. Melissa Parlaman April 2, 2008 at 10:16 am #

TLynch–Thank you so much for your comment. It is great to hear from someone who’s mom did the same that I am doing. I am so glad that it means so much to you.

5. DH May 6, 2008 at 9:53 pm #

Melissa,

I’m sure she will be the life of the party. Just think, only 14 more years and it may cost you a million bucks to buy her the car she wants in order for her to run to you and yell out, “Mommy Mommy, I wanted a red BMW not a silver Jaguar!”

As a father of a beautifuil little girl just like PP, your comments make me want a second child to laugh with, smile with and hold back tears of joy all over again. All I have to do is convince my wife I am ready!
    Little does she know having a second child would make me hold back tears just like I just did after reading your post!

6. Vicky February 4, 2009 at 4:13 pm #

Oh! That was so great to read! I have just started hearing the, “Momma! Momma!” hug to the legs with the iron grip and it’s wonderful. I agree with DH I can’t wait to do it all over again with Dash Two. Thanks for the link love too!!

7. Boca Raton CPA supplies July 31, 2014 at 1:27 am #

Take for instance a company that for the current period has more outstanding payables than they do receivables.
    Outsourcing accounting services for small business owners is workable for those who want
    to turn their focus on their companies and find a way to maximise their profitability.
    You would possibly make an sum of cash similar to a consequence of the Regional
    group.

my web site Boca Raton CPA supplies

1. 5 Candles on the Cake | Graco Heart to Heart Blog - August 12, 2011

[...] old. I remember writing one of my first posts for the Graco blog three years ago with the post, Birthday Wishes to my Daughter and another one for her fourth birthday, Year of the Bigs. It is great to be able to look back and [...]