Keeping it Real!

Well we certainly had our day in the sun last week (speaking of the 100th post celebration) and you all brought the sunshine! I asked for you to help us evolve this blog with some of your ideas, thoughts and comments and you certainly responded (29 comments and counting!).  I want to thank you for that because without all of you, well – that just defeats the purpose, now doesn’t it?

The best thing we heard from you was that you love how “real” the blog is. We couldn’t be more happy to hear that!  I know I was feeling a little apprehensive about writing for this blog - what style would I write in? what would my “voice” be? would my writing connect with people?  After I stopped overthinking everything, I started being myself.  And that’s what I’ve advised the other contributors to do as well.  Just be yourself – be real – and you’ll connect with people. Not everybody but that’s OK too.  But those you connect with will stick around and it sounds like a lot of you are here to stay and that’s appreciated – A LOT.

So now on to the good stuff- the stuff you all wanted us to write about, do, show, explain, etc.  First up – a suggestion from Stephanie at Metropolitan Mama. Stephanie wanted to get a little sneak peek inside Graco. This is an easy one so here are some pictures of our building, inspirational quotes around the office, our lobby, our mommy parking (my DH parks here when he brings the kids to visit anyway!), and some cute kid pics we have around the office as well.

Oh and since you want us to keep it real, here’s a picture of my messy (I had to straighten up just a little!) and rather uninspiring cube. As I said, thank goodness for all your sunshine- I don’t even have a window!  :)   Happy Friday everyone.

11 Responses to “Keeping it Real!”

1. Devra Renner May 30, 2008 at 3:24 pm #

Maybe your family would paint a window for you and you could put it up on that blank wall. I bet they would have a great time making a picture of a window for Mommy to enjoy : )

2. Lindsay Lebresco May 30, 2008 at 3:25 pm #

Awesome idea. Seriously- I am totally doing this this weekend! Thanks Devra- you rock!

3. Adventures In Babywearing May 30, 2008 at 3:36 pm #

Oh how fun! What a great idea to give us a peek inside!!

Steph

4. Nicole@BananaBlueberry May 30, 2008 at 3:51 pm #

I LOVE the slogan ‘keepin’ it real’ :)

And I love the window idea from Devra- I think my son and I are going to do that for my husband !

5. liz May 30, 2008 at 3:52 pm #

i love that you have mommy parking. LOVE IT! and also, that your husband sees right through that wording and uses it to his advantage. mothers-to-be and parent parking. awesome!

thanks for the peek, and for keeping it real!

6. kimberly/tippytoes May 30, 2008 at 4:21 pm #

Your cube looks pristine! I love the homemade window idea.

7. rachel May 30, 2008 at 4:25 pm #

That is a great idea Devra had. I was going to suggest having them draw family portraits for you, but I love the window idea!!

I’m so glad that the response was so positive, and that you’re enjoying yourself! Have a great one!!

8. Jessica (aka Rose) May 30, 2008 at 6:44 pm #

That’s not messy at all! And I love the idea of the window! How fun. They could make a new one for each season!

9. Stephanie June 1, 2008 at 2:58 pm #

I love the bright colors and wall decor in the lobby – and the flowers are a nice touch.

How fun that Graco has a Mommy Parking Lot. I especially appreciate that it’s for pregnant women AND women with small children. In many ways, I think it’s much easier to get places on times while pregnant than when you have a baby or toddler or both!

10. Joe June 2, 2008 at 12:03 pm #

I think a mess is subjective, but no matter what people define a mess as, that is clearly not it…unless you are Adrian Monk. Thanks for adding me to the blogroll and keep up the great work!

11. Amy June 2, 2008 at 10:53 pm #

So fun to have a peek at the Graco diggs! I’m LOVING the lobby. I want to come there and sit in one of those chairs. They look comfy, are they? I’ve always wanted to work in a “fresh” and hip place.

I say, string up some fun summery lights, put up a couple of plush flamingos and margarita glasses. Blast some Jimmy Buffet (or whatever you like) and call it your summer oasis.