The Blogosphere is such an amazing way, for people the world over, to connect with each other. There is rarely an expanse that the internet can’t bridge and make two people, who live seemingly a world apart, feel close. The internet opens the whole world to us, yet interacting within this community can make the saying “it’s a small world” incredibly true. That was certainly the case when I came across “Classy Mommy.” Colleen of Classy Mommy realized that Graco headquarters was right down the street from her – how funny is that? Well I started reading her blog and I saw her gathering some local Philly bloggers to try and meet in person. Well I butted my little hieny (that’s mom speak- I can say that now and not feel silly) in there and invited myself to her party. Well one thing led to another and we had this. (if you follow that link you’ll see a Philly blogger party recap- which Graco co-hosted!)
Here are all the reasons the unofficial Philly Graco Get-Together was officially awesome:
- These ladies were in full effect:
Colleen – Classy Mommy
Sarah- Water, Water Everywhere
Amy - Occupation Mommy
Beth- Total Mom Haircut
Margie – Gunning It
Jo-Lynne – Musings of a Housewife
Kim – Situationally Single
Whitney – Mommies with Style
Mel – Life is Like a Box of Chocolates
Melissa – GirlyMama
Katia – Freeform Katia
Amy – Crazy, but the cool kind
Sarah – Genesis Moments
Kris – SparklyKatt
- It was at Buca di Beppo which is 5 minutes from our office (that wasn’t meant to rub it in Mel- I know it took you 4 hours to get there but I didn’t choose the restaurant!)
- The dessert tray was too heavy to lift so they had to put it on the huge lazy susan just so we could take stabs at it as it came around. D-lish!
- I sat next to Margie who happened to grow up near me in Maryland. And graduated the same year of high school as me. And her 3 year old son’s name was the same as my 3 year old son’s name. And she lives near me! (and she was ready to pop -meaning she was due any day! Everytime she moved we all got a little scared!)
- We squeezed 18 of us around a table in the “Pope Room” and chatted non-stop for the next 3 hours
- Colleen brought goody bags and flowers for everyone (including us!)
- Graco had 2 door prizes- Nautilus car seats, which we made the bloggers work to win.
- Everyone went around the table and introduced themselves, told us when and why they started to blog, and they talked a little bit about their blog. I found that to be incredibly interesting.
- And best of all – - we ended with “We must do this again!”
I’m confident we will get together again and until we do, I’ll just follow their every move on Twitter! Thanks for a great time ladies!