Postcards from BlogHer

I am very happy to say that I am here at the AMAZING BlogHer Conference (and I hope this post doesn’t feel like I’m rubbing it in to you and you and you) but I have been excited about coming since I went to BlogHer Business in April and because of all the non-stop buzz on Twitter, You Tube and numberous blogs. Well the time has come…

Melissa and I arrived yesterday so we could set up camp, (maybe have an hour or two in Union Square!) get our business cards in our holsters, get our Flip Cam ready to film, our cameras charged up and our game faces on.  We. Are. Ready. To. Have. Fun. Work. (Chris-I can assure you this is work. I just happen to have a great job!)

Well this is the 4th year for the BlogHer Conference and one thing I heard time and time again last night was how much it’s changed since the conference’s first year.  One of the biggest changes has to be the sheer amount of attendees – which means, the number of people blogging has grown significantly.  It makes sense, really – who wouldn’t want to be a part of what’ s happenning in this space.  I’ve talked about how amazing the blogosphere is - it is made up of groups of amazing people that support, listen and love each other in a very unique (virtual) way. The incredible community that BlogHer has created is a shining example of that. These people are welcoming, friendly, bubbly, loud and most of all, clearly happy to be a part of this remarkable group. (the welcoming part is totally true- a quick thanks to Liz and Kellan for “saving” me when I was wondering around looking like a lost puppy dog last night!)

If last night was an indication of how fun informative the next 3 days are going to be then I am in for a tiresome but fabulous time  I look forward to meeting all of you! (and if you see me and I’m looking lonely, please say hi!)

11 Responses to “Postcards from BlogHer”

1. Classy Mommy July 18, 2008 at 1:13 pm #

hoping you ladies have the best time. wish i was there with you!

2. James from Babyspot.com July 20, 2008 at 2:00 pm #

Hey Lindsay! It was a pleasure meeting you at the Macy’s Blogher reception!
    Let’s connect again as that evening was crazy…lol ! My email is James@babyspot.com and my twitter is: jamesatbabyspot

Speak to you soon!

Thanks
    James
    James@babyspot.com

3. Chris (author) July 20, 2008 at 3:30 pm #

Umm, yeah,…it’s work. When do I get to go to the “BLOGHIM” Conference!!!

4. Erika Jurney July 20, 2008 at 7:44 pm #

So much fun finally meeting you in person!

5. Rita Arens July 22, 2008 at 11:31 am #

I think one of my favorite parts was hearing that woman’s amazing story about how she saved her son’s life with bad CPR and learning how to do it correctly. Obviously not the most *fun* part, but so, so, so important. I have some fun photos of you breathing into a plastic doll, as well.

Good to see you!

6. the mama bird diaries July 22, 2008 at 8:56 pm #

It was fun. And crazy. And fun! Great to see you!

7. Chris July 23, 2008 at 10:57 pm #

It was so nice to meet you this past weekend. I’ll be following along here. Come by our house and say hello!

Chris

8. Babybloomr July 24, 2008 at 5:23 pm #

SO SORRY I didn’t get to meet you!

Next year…

9. Darcy July 25, 2008 at 6:32 pm #

Lindsay & Melissa,

It was great to have meet you both. I loved the itty bitty belly business cards, and chatting with you during some of the networking.

To Chris (who must be boss-man) – don’t worry, your girls were doing you proud.

Warmly,
    Darcy
    Life With My 3 Boybarians

10. Liz from the March of Dimes July 31, 2008 at 8:27 am #

Hi Lindsay — wish I could have gone to BlogHer in SanFrancisco — I learned so much at the New York City Conference in April!
    We have a blog up and running — please check it out http://newsmomsneed.marchofdimes.com/ — and I hope to connect with you again soon

11. Kellan August 24, 2008 at 10:54 pm #