Simplicity Bassinet Recall Information – September 11, 2008

Because the Graco blog is an additional way of sharing information with our consumers, we wanted to make sure all of our readers are aware of a recent recall involving bassinets manufactured by Simplicity, Inc. – some of the models affected by this recall may carry the Graco logo. We want to urge consumers to CHECK THE MODEL NUMBER OF YOUR BASSINET, no matter what brand you believe you have, to make sure yours is not affected by this recall.

Upon learning of the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s safety alert regarding the recall of several models of the Simplicity 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 Convertible close-sleeper/bedside sleeper bassinets, Graco Children’s Products contacted the CPSC to ensure that they were aware that certain models of the bassinets manufactured by Simplicity and involved in this alert may include a Graco® logo, through a past licensing agreement with Simplicity.

Because the safety of children is of the utmost importance to us, we feel that it is important for consumers to be aware that certain Simplicity bassinets involved in this safety alert, which were sold between 2001 and 2004, could be branded with the Graco® logo. These models include:

3000 CL
3111ZOL
3112DOH
3122TGT
5730FKB
5750SAR
8393

For more information about returning affected product to the store where you purchased it, please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) Web site or call the CPSC Recall Hotline at 1-800-638-2772.

The Graco Consumer Service team will be assisting in relaying the CPSC recall information and can be reached at 1-800-345-4109.

9 Responses to “Simplicity Bassinet Recall Information – September 11, 2008”

1. J. Hudson September 22, 2008 at 2:07 pm #

Is there any way to find out which stores carried which model numbers? I have one of these bassinets, model 5730FKB which was received years ago as a gift. I tried to take it back to BabiesRUs and was told that they weren’t accepting them since that was a model they did not carry. I got the same response from JCPenney and Big Lots. When I attempted to call the other retailers (Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) at the numbers provided by the CPSC, I was told that I would have to contact the manufacturer to find out where my particular model was sold. Since Simplicity is out of business, does Graco have this information for the models sold under their brand?

2. kathi December 7, 2008 at 12:47 pm #

I suspect I have a recalled bassinet that I purchased at a Toys R Us in Canada.

Will a Canadian outlet take it back?

3. robert shumate January 12, 2009 at 10:41 am #

Is Graco (in any way) affected by the recent legislature known as HR4040 (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act)? Are there any products which warrant lead testing in accordance with this Act?

Thanks for your response.

Robert

4. Lindsay Lebresco January 12, 2009 at 3:51 pm #

Yes Robert, and Graco, as an industry leader, has diligently worked to ensure full compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, including the necessary testing for lead.

5. Anna January 17, 2009 at 8:14 pm #

I have a graco bassinet

6. Anna January 17, 2009 at 8:16 pm #

I have a Graco bassinet (pink & white toile). I’m not sure if it is one of the recalled bassinets. Where can I find the model # on it?

7. Shawna January 23, 2009 at 4:38 pm #

I have one of these Graco Bassinets. The model number sticker seems to have been removed. It has a black plastic mattress support board (as opposed to a pressboard one) and a safari animal print motif w/ blue & green checkered ruffle around rim. Anyone know which model this is and/or what store it would have been purchased at?

8. Jen January 31, 2009 at 2:33 am #

I believe I also have a recalled bassinet. When I phoned BRU they said they may or may not accept it. I don’t want to drive an hr away to be told thanks but no thanks, its ridiculous, a recall is a recall and they should take it even if its a couple of yrs old, I was using it for my second son who is 3 months old.

9. Lindsay Lebresco February 19, 2009 at 4:13 pm #

We are closing comments on this post but just as a reminder, if you have questions or think your product may be affected, please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) Web site http://www.cpsc.gov/ or call the CPSC Recall Hotline at 1-800-638-2772.

The Graco Consumer Service team will be assisting in relaying the CPSC recall information and can be reached at 1-800-345-4109.

Thank you.