My Favorite Show–now playing on the video monitor!

I used to think that people that used a video baby monitor were the more “paranoid” parents and I definitely do not consider myself paranoid at all. Though I didn’t start out with a video monitor, when I started to use the Graco Digital Video imonitor, I became a believer. (in why people choose to go the video route- not that those folks are paranoid!)

I started using the video monitor when PP was a little older (about 14 months) so I could see when she was awake & what she was doing. I especially loved it when PP graduated from her crib and started using a toddler bed. I was happy to see that suprisingly, PP ususally didn’t get out of bed after we put her down (even if she was not “ready” to sleep).  Having a video monitor has allowed me to peek into my child’s life without disturbing her. My favorite part about using the video monitor is hearing & seeing PP have a conversation with all the stuffed animals in her bed.

Recently, a friend of mine asked to borrow my video monitor for a vacation she was taking with her family so I had to live without my video monitor for a week. That is when I truly realized how much I missed using it. I am happy to report that my video imonitor is now back & I can tune back in to my favorite show- “Puddzz TV!”

8 Responses to “My Favorite Show–now playing on the video monitor!”

1. Jessie October 20, 2008 at 7:30 pm #

My girlfriend has one too and swears by it! Our regular one is starting to die and I was just telling hubs that we should look into a new one before babe #3 comes in March – thanks for the review, I will check this one out!

2. Jen E @ mommablogsalot October 20, 2008 at 8:09 pm #

That’s one of the reasons I want a video monitor for our next child, particularly for the transition from crib to toddler bed. If we could afford the cost I’d buy one now just for that reason. :)

3. bee October 21, 2008 at 7:24 am #

While watching an intense movie at our friends’ house, they had their video monitor on their daughters, who were (supposedly) asleep upstairs. During a rather jumpy moment of the film, their four year-old gets get right in the camera and starts talking in a very low, spooky-kid voice. It scared the pants off of all of us!

4. CanCan (Mom Most Traveled) October 21, 2008 at 10:46 am #

This is great! I have a 14 month old and I’m wondering when to transition him to the “toddler day bed”. Also I eventually want him to share a room with his 4-year-old brother, and it would be great to keep an eye on them!

5. onemotherslove October 21, 2008 at 11:31 pm #

That is a really awesome idea! I hate having to disturb playtime to observe it. I just discovered the Multi-Child monitor by Graco. Now I have to decide which of these to register for…

6. Leighann October 22, 2008 at 11:45 am #

I too always thought these were over-the-top, but now I am seeing value in it. Sometimes I wish I could peek in on the 17mo and see what was going on in there. But if I crack the door open, forget about it!

Plus, our bedroom is on a different floor and it would be nice to see if I really needed to come up and attend to him when I hear noises.

And, he plays in his crib when he wakes up and it would be fun just to watch what he was doing.

7. casual friday everyday October 24, 2008 at 7:00 pm #

Those look mighty sharp!

Nell :–)

8. Sabra Sincebaugh December 3, 2010 at 2:11 pm #

Thanks for taking the time to talk about this, I feel strongly about it and love studying more on this subject. If feasible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your weblog site with more information? It is very helpful for me. Best wishes, Reatha.