Newell Rubbermaid Scavenger Hunt

nr_logotag_hiresA couple of weeks ago, our sister company, Rubbermaid, posted a scavenger hunt on their blog and I thought to myself -”That Jim is pure genius!” (actually I’m saying that because I’m hoping he hooks me up with a new garage organizer but I did think it was a great idea) See, a lot of folks don’t realize that Graco Children’s Products is company of Newell Rubbermaid. Well we are and we’re only one of the many great brands (if I do say so myself) that are part of Newell Rubbermaid.

So I (Jim) thought it would be fun to do a quick scavenger hunt “sweepstakes” related to these Newell Rubbermaid brands and some of our online blogs and websites.

So here’s the challenge: Read the questions below and provide correct answers using the comments feature of the blog. When submitting your answers/comments, please be sure to include your email address (It will only be used to contact the winner).

Of the people who submit all the correct answers I will randomly draw a winner. The winner can choose between (1) a Graco Cool Mist Humidifier (2) a Dymo Personal Labelmaker (3) a Calphalon Omelette Pan OR (4) an 18 piece set of Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids - food storage containers.

All answers must be received by next Friday 4:00pm EST, January 16, 2009.

QUESTIONS:

1. List 5 Newell Rubbermaid brands
2. Where is Newell Rubbermaid’s headquarters located?
3. Which 3 Newell Rubbermaid brands currently have blogs & what are their addresses?
4. Name 3 Newell Rubbermaid Twitterers (and follow them!)
5. Name your favorite Newell Rubbermaid (any brand) Product

NOTE: As I receive the answers/comments, I will review them and edit the comment to only show if the answers were correct or not. I wouldn’t want to post all the answers for people to see :)

Have fun!

13 Responses to “Newell Rubbermaid Scavenger Hunt”

1. Tammigirl January 9, 2009 at 5:07 pm #

1. Calphalon, Goody, Sharpie, Parker, Waterman (wow!)
    2.Sandy Springs, Georgia
    3.Rubbermaid @ blog.rubbermaid.com , Graco @ blog.gracobaby.com, & Sharpie @ blog.sharpie.com
    4.Lindsay Lebresco, Karen Hartzell, & Melissa Parlaman *username – tammigirl
    5. Can’t live without the sharpie ultra fine markers!

2. Valerie Gonyea January 9, 2009 at 5:20 pm #

1. Sharpie
    Dymo
    Calphalon
    Goody
    Rubbermaid

2.Atlanta, GA

3.Rubbermaid
    Sharpie
    Graco (duh!!)

4. @Rubbermaid
    @dymoguy
    @sharpiesusan

Cardscan(didn’t know it was yours till this) Dymo second

3. Valerie Gonyea January 9, 2009 at 5:21 pm #

Oh, Cardscan (with Dymo second) was my answer to #5…I forgot to put a number on it above

4. Kat January 9, 2009 at 5:58 pm #

1. Sharpie, Lenox, Graco, Goody, Kirsch
    2. Huntersville, NC or GA, the list was confusing! LoL
    3. http://blog.gracobaby.com, http://blog.sharpie.com/,http://blog.rubbermaid.com/
    4. http://twitter.com/rubbermaid, http://twitter.com/upromise, http://twitter.com/dymoguy, http://twitter.com/sharpiesusan
    5. I absolutely love Rubbermaid storage bins and containers, I can’t live without them. And my Sharpies. I must have Sharpies in every color and I use them almost daily.

5. Jennifer Turnbull January 9, 2009 at 6:30 pm #

1. List 5 Newell Rubbermaid brands
    Rolodex
    Goody
    Calphalon
    Sharpie
    Expo

2. Where is Newell Rubbermaid’s headquarters located?
    Newell Rubbermaid Corporate Headquarters
    3 Glenlake Parkway
    Atlanta, GA 30328
    (770) 418-7000

Sharpie
    Graco
    Rubbermaid

4. Name 3 Newell Rubbermaid Twitterers (and follow them!)
    Rubbermaid (Jim Deitzel)
    LindsayLebresco
    sharpiesusan

5. Name your favorite Newell Rubbermaid (any brand) Product

The most frequently used are my Rubbermaid storage containers or my Graco Pack N Play (Soon to be retired after putting up with 3 girls 5,3, and 1)

6. Kristen January 9, 2009 at 8:02 pm #

What a fun fun idea! I’m game for any Scavenger Hunt.

1. Sharpie, Goody, Benzomatic, Rubbermaid, Levolor
    2. Newell Rubbermaid Corporate Headquarters
    3 Glenlake Parkway
    Atlanta, GA 30328
    3. Graco (of course) – blog.gracobaby.com, Rubbermaid – blog.rubbermaid.com, Sharpie – blog.sharpie.com
    4. @LindsayLebresco, @GracoRoadAhead, @sharpiesusan (sorry, haven’t quite come into the times yet so I can’t follow them since I’m not on Twitter yet – I know, I know – what am I waiting for?!)
    5. Still gotta say that the Infant SafeSeat Step 1 tops my list. I’m kinda getting excited to drag it out of storage for when Baby #2 arrives in June! :) Although, Sharpie retractables could be a close second… no need to lose the cap when there’s no cap to lose!

Thanks, that was fun! :0)

7. Jen January 9, 2009 at 9:52 pm #

1. Graco, Sharpie, Calphalon, Goody, Rubbermaid
    2. Atlanta, GA
    3. Graco (blog.gracobaby.com), Rubbermaid (blog.rubbermaid.com), and Sharpie (blog.sharpie.com)
    4. Lindsay Lebresco, Karen Hartzell, Ilene Drexler (following as jlk77)
    5. My Graco Quattro Tour stroller!

8. Sheena @ Mommy Daddy Blog January 9, 2009 at 9:55 pm #

1. List 5 Newell Rubbermaid brands
    Expo, Rolodex, Amerock, Goody, and Levolor

2. Where is Newell Rubbermaid’s headquarters located?
    Atlanta, Georgia

blog.gracobaby.com, blog.rubbermaid.com, blog.sharpie.com

4. Name 3 Newell Rubbermaid Twitterers (and follow them!)
    My twitter is @mommydaddyblog. I follow @rubbermaid, @LindsayLebresco and @dymoguy

5. Name your favorite Newell Rubbermaid (any brand) Product
    Easy Find Lids – X-Small, they are perfect for storing homemade baby food!

9. Lisa January 10, 2009 at 10:55 am #

1. Rubbermaid, Graco, Caphalon, Sharpie, Dynamo, Benzomatic, Lenox, Bulldog Hardware, Amerock, Rolodex, Goody, Expo, Papermate, Parker
    2. Exton, PA until the move to Atlanta, GA?
    3. loiswhitman.blogspot.com, http://blog.gracobaby.com, http://blog.sharpie.com
    4. Susan – Sharpie – loved the coverage of the snake art.
    Lindsay – Graco – Neat to share Thanksgiving Traditions and hear what other people do.
    Melissa Landis – Lovey is adorable (but so are the other families of the bloggers…I love keeping up with what parents are doing with their children…it’s like a parenting magazine online and is so very current!)
    5. My husband loves his vise-grip tools but I love the expo pens. We leave notes to each other on the bathroom mirror while we brush our teeth…to do lists, grocery lists…whatever! Sometimes I leave funny faces on the mirror so when he goes to brush his teeth he’ll have a mustasch or a funny hat! We use white boards daily at school and my students LOVE the skinny expo pens.

10. parker pens May 5, 2010 at 1:55 am #

We share the opinion on and I really enjoy reading your article.

11. Good Forex May 20, 2010 at 4:32 am #

cool, Really good sharing this. :-D

12. Malissa Profancik December 4, 2010 at 11:11 pm #

I really enjoyed reading this article, Iwould like to know if you ever trade featured posts? if so I am interested

13. melonie May 12, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

Hello, where can I buy the “so you” rubbermaid by goody collection the handheld mirrors to be exact?.
    all they seem to have in stores is the unfoldabe mirror, i dont want that.