Tracking Your Baby’s First Year – Cutest Baby Calendar Ever!

lucasmilingIf it’s true that a picture is worth a thousand words, we believe that having a baby requires thousands of pictures which go beyond words. As a parent myself, I’m always looking for cute new ideas to document memories, keepsakes, monumental events and more. Well, I have discovered the CUTEST idea for a baby’s first year.

A good friend of mine just welcomed her first baby, little Luca. There were several laughs after receiving baby Luca’s first photos – because he was laying on a desk calendar.

And little did we know this would become a monthly occurrence and has created quite the following on Facebook. After viewing little Luca’s Christmas photo – I thought this idea was way too cute to not share with new parents. (I was a little jealous that I didn’t start it with our now 5 month old little girl.) Check out these photos and let this clever “monthly documentation” be an inspiration for you.

Not to worry, the calendar photos are going to subside at one year. It could be quite the challenge to find a calendar large enough or succeed in getting a toddler to remain still. And the best part…Luca’s mom is going to create a real calendar with these great shots for year two and beyond.

Other cute picture ideas for documenting your parenthood journey- the cutest scrapbook ever and the cutest pictures – take one picture a day!

If you have any other clever documenting ideas, please share.

(Oh and just because I think this is a cute idea doesn’t mean our legal team is super keen on recommending you do it necessarily, if you know what I mean)

9 Responses to “Tracking Your Baby’s First Year – Cutest Baby Calendar Ever!”

1. Kristen January 28, 2009 at 8:07 pm #

That is one cute kid and I’m not just saying that because I’m his mother.

2. Lori January 28, 2009 at 11:52 pm #

here’s a tip for documenting – hang a blank calendar – one where you add pics or fill in the dates is best, so you can start with baby’s birthday month. Then, instead of trying to write in a baby book and keep it up-to-date (which gets very hard after about month 3!)just jot a note down on the calendar! I recorded the first time my daughter had a new veggie or fruit (and her reaction), visits with friends, trips we took, and even little things like when our neighbor Marilyn made her laugh like crazy, or when she climbed out of the crib. Later on, you can look back these tiny moments and cherish them – or add them to your scrapbook – with the correct date!

3. Joan January 29, 2009 at 9:20 am #

Luca is definitely one of the cutest babies I have ever seen, and I’m not just saying that because I’m a friend of your mother.

Kudos to the photographer who captures his adorable expressions.

4. Lindsay Lebresco January 29, 2009 at 9:30 am #

Lori- That is a great suggestion- I actually did something similar for my son because someone gave me one and I wish I had done the same for my second. Staring at a blank journal page is a lot harder than a 2×2 square! I wish I had been reminded of that with #2.

5. Rose Stucchio January 29, 2009 at 1:28 pm #

He’s sooo cute. I’m so glad I’m his grandma — and I’m also glad I’m his mom’s mom!!! (and his dad’s mother-in-law too!)

6. Kim January 29, 2009 at 2:19 pm #

Kristen, thanks for letting us feature your adorable little boy.
    We may feature Luca this fall when we have a complete calendar of photos. Thanks again.

7. Kim January 30, 2009 at 10:11 pm #

I just saw the January picture…we will have to update the video because each month gets better than the last. I can’t wait to see your cupid costume. To all mothers-to-be out there…DO THIS! It’s so adorable. And Kristen, I love how you are capturing his weight on the calendar. You are so clever. Thank you so much for sharing.

8. lucy January 31, 2009 at 10:46 am #

Kristen I look forward to your mom forwarding me Luca’s picture each month. They are so creative and cute

9. Stephanie February 2, 2009 at 1:47 am #

That is a totally cute idea! I love it! I hope you re-post the slideshow when a year has passed. :)