Graco’s on Twitter!

At Graco, we are continually trying to be innovative with the social media tools we use to engage with and provide value to our customers. One of the online tools we’ve been using is called Twitter. It started out as a tool that only true online geeks used but it’s gaining popularity with “regular folk” by the day and corporations have jumped on board as they’ve found it to be an incredibly useful tool to market, support, connect and engage with their consumers- heck, even traditional news outlets and celebs are in on the game!

Basically it’s a “micro-blogging” tool that allows you to tell your friends (“followers” in this case) “What you are doing” in 140 characters or less. Another way to think about it – it’s like the status update feature in Facebook (and if you’ve never heard of Facebook, you’ll probably want to stop reading now and check back tomorrow when we get back to talking about fussy newborns and toddler tantrums)

This video does a great job explaining Twitter:

So that’s what it is and this is what we’re trying to do to serve you through that venue…

Technically, we’ve been on Twitter for over a year. I started using Twitter last January after a meet-up with some lovely bloggers from DC. In fact, funny enough, my first follower was @whymommy. I quickly “got” Twitter and was hooked. (and so are these other Graco tweeps – @Erin509 @KarenHartzell @AmySleep @KimLefko @MelissaParlaman @JJDeHart)

This past summer, when Graco launched our online car seat resource, readyfortheroadahead.com, we launched a Twitter account alongside it to give daily car seat safety tips to our Twitter followers.

Just recently, we moved that account over to a more general account @gracobaby. We will still be giving car seat safety tips but we’ll also be providing tips, product news, company info and, the best part (I think), servicing our consumers whenever possible.  Our Twitter account is manned by me (LL) as well as by Amy Trice (AT), fellow blogger and one of the Customer Service Supervisors.

Take a look over there on the sidebar ————> we have our tweets coming into the blog here so you can see what we’re tweeting about! Better yet, follow us yourself.

Sooo…. between now and Wednesday (the 25th), anyone who comments on this post with a thought or idea on how we can use Twitter to better serve parents and our customers will be “entered” to win, in a random drawing, a Sweet Slumber sound machine! (HUGE fan of the sound machine- it’s the only way our yappy dogs don’t wake up the kids during naptime) You can receive a second “entry” if you are following us on Twitter, just leave your Twitter username in your comment.

We hope you enjoy following us on Twitter and before you know it, this will be you!

23 Responses to “Graco’s on Twitter!”

1. Adventures In Babywearing February 23, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

I’m following and I think a great way you can keep connected with parents and Graco consumers would be to use summize.com and search for anytime people are tweeting about Graco. They might be discussing a product, need help, or have a praise or complaint. This might be a great way for you to reach out to that person and give extra special care and attention. I know that would be really helpful to me if I needed it!

Also, just following along with the other twitterers will give you a good idea of what interests us parents these days!

Steph

2. Amy February 23, 2009 at 1:47 pm #

I’m following because after four children, we’ve had countless Graco products in our house and they’ve all been great! The best part is the easy of set-up/take-down of Pack n Play’s and strollers.

I’d like to hear about truly new products–not just the newest version of the pack n play, etc., but hot off the press, new items. Any safety concerns would also be good to share through Twitter.

Keep making great products!
    Amy

3. Griffin Farley February 23, 2009 at 3:58 pm #

I love that Graco is using Twitter, you have been a great example of a brand that has successful used Twitter to engage with Moms around the world. However I think your team could take it further with stories and narratives that entertain us. Sprint and Suave started the website ‘In The Motherhood’ and I think Twitter could share funny stories that happened to real moms by moms. Who better to bring that branded content than Graco, and focus these stories on Mothers who are outside the home. If you are outside the home at restaurants, Gymboree, Parks, etc you will have your stroller or car seat with you.

4. Chris Griswold February 23, 2009 at 5:23 pm #

I think you should think outside Graco products and link to related articles that might be of interest to your customers. This would be helpful information like parenthood tips and tricks, shortcuts, creative ideas, and ways to save money. It would really extend your brand into customers’ daily lives.

Also, please hire me.

5. I have been following you for some time. I appreciate the car seat tips. I also love that when I have a car seat question, I can get a pretty quick answer without having to call customer service.

I think you could use Twitter to announce new products and campaigns. And it could also be a great place to announce any product recalls or safety concerns.

I’m @Leeanthro on Twitter.

6. Momma Chaos February 23, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

I’ve been following you on twitter (momma chaos) for a while and I agree with all the other suggestions. I especially would like to hear about the newest, hottest item coming out!

7. Naomi February 23, 2009 at 7:27 pm #

@superdumb tweeted!

8. Naomi February 23, 2009 at 7:31 pm #

I agree with Steph… just paying attention when people are Twittering about Graco and even about baby gear, in general. And pointing out other peripherally related articles about parenting is a great idea, too.

9. Jen February 23, 2009 at 9:14 pm #

I agree with using Twitter as a platform to share ideas, articles and new products applicable to parenting (Graco and beyond.)
    Also, I’d personally love to hear when Graco participates in expos–trade shows and baby store appearances, etc. Right before I had my son in the summer of 2007, I was fortunate enough to visit a local baby boutique that had a Graco expo that featured a huge trailer set up with Graco products. It was nice to speak candidly to Graco representatives. One of you guys even checked out to see if we properly installed our Snugride! Now, that was awesome! That’s also a tidbit I often share with my friends who are expecting.
    I’ve also been enjoying your tweets for awhile, but feel free to follow back if you don’t already. I’m @jenrab

10. Jo February 23, 2009 at 9:50 pm #

I added you to twitter a while back..my twitter name is jorayne. I don’t care what it posted by you on twitter..I just think its kool that your on twitter. I love some of the tips you post and I comment back on some of the blogs you say we should read too.

11. uppervalleymom February 24, 2009 at 10:18 am #

I’m a Twitter follower as well (@uppervalleymom) and really enjoy when companies interact with consumers. I’ve had pretty good luck when I’ve been in contact with a company via Twitter in response to a problem or questions about products or services…and that means a lot to me. I tend to be more brand loyal or have a positive image of the company when I feel like my concerns have been listened to and especially if acted upon.

As my kids are out of the infant/toddler stage, I’d love to see more links and tips about booster seats and preschool/elem school kid safety. Graco is still a “go to” company for our family, and we do share our enthusiasm with other family members, friends and online friends! Keep up the great work!

12. tracey February 24, 2009 at 1:09 pm #

Well, I’ll click on over to follow after this….

I have used many a Graco product in the past 10 years. To use Twitter better for your company…. provide a way to find the comparisons between your products and other companies’ products at our fingertips. I hate having to check and recheck several sites to find all the information I want.

13. Kristen February 24, 2009 at 3:23 pm #

Ok, so you have officially convinced me that I needed to “get with the times!” I dove in head first and am now a tweeter (did I just make up that term?) ha. I figured I better keep it simple and stuck with a username I already knew, find me @kstownsend.

I’d love to see tips, new products, and other general must-know information for families with young children. Perhaps this a way to stop the rumor mill and really get the accurate info out about BPA bottles, car seat safety, etc. I also thought maybe this is a great way to blast out info on products being discontinued or are “on special”. Just some ideas.

14. Lisette February 24, 2009 at 5:55 pm #

Ok, so I joined Twitter and am just navigating through this at the moment. At first glance, I think it would be beneficial to see a “quick glance” or summary of tips about graco products. I know there are so many baby products out there and I find it difficult to decipher the age appropiate products for my child. Also, would love to see not only graco products but some linking of tips, articles, stories and creative ideas. And of course I always love bargain so any ways to save money is helpful. Happy Tweeting

15. Lisette February 24, 2009 at 5:56 pm #

Oh, forgot to thank Lindsay for introducing me to Twitter. Thanks now addicted to facebook and twitter

16. Yael February 25, 2009 at 6:39 am #

I’m impressed that Graco is with it and had the sense to join twitter.

I’d like to see:
    1-info about products
    2-be able to talk to real person or be directed quickly to the right person if I have question about a Graco product!

Good job!

17. Andrew Conkling February 25, 2009 at 11:26 am #

I’m andrewski on Twitter.

I’m not currently in the market (as it were) but I enjoy hearing about new products and really “bringing a face” to Graco. Bringing the passion behind the products really goes a long way, IMO.

18. shannon February 25, 2009 at 3:28 pm #

I am @couponprincess on twitter, I love the car seat info, great reminder to all moms, grandparents and caregivers of small children. I would love to hear about the new products out for infants and children, and how to make parenting that much easier with the rescources that are given to us!

19. shannon February 25, 2009 at 3:29 pm #

I am indeed following you on twitter, thanks. @couponprincess

20. Steph February 25, 2009 at 9:06 pm #

I’ve been a follower for months, and I love that Graco has a blog and is on twitter. If I ever have a problem or question with one of my graco products, I would hop on twitter and send you a message. So much more accessible than many of the other manufacturers!

21. genotipo September 9, 2009 at 10:59 am #

Can I Sell A Twitter Account?

22. Elma Hostoffer March 10, 2010 at 5:15 am #

Thank you! I continually needed to display in my personal website.

23. Barbara August 3, 2014 at 8:38 pm #

baby monitor model cwca 210 I need the base replaced we have the 2 monitors for rooms…thanks…