In the spirit of Mother’s Day later this month, Graco wanted to ask a simple question – What are the top ten reasons why you love being a mom?
I took a stab at it here and I’m glad I took a quick 5 minutes out of my day to capture how I feel about being a mom – this way I can put a copy of my answers in my kids’ journals!
1. The first one’s easy- I love the 2 beautiful children that made me a mom! My son and daughter are the loves of my life!
2. Unprompted “I Love Yous” – whispers from my bedside in the morning, during a warm, post-bath hug, at the dinner table with a mouthful of chicken nuggets- it’s all music to my ears.
3. Watching my children do something that I taught them. Putting that new found knowledge to good use! (I’m not sure how proud I’ll be when the first curse word comes out!)
4. Finding a new found appreciation for my own mother- I feel like I know my mom just a little better thinking off all the things she must have gone through to raise me the way she did. (with the help of my dad too, of course!)
5. I love a challenge- I really do. Kids challenge you and stretch you beyond belief and that’s the only way to grow. My children have helped me grow more then I could’ve imagined.
6. My kids are hilarious. I’ll be honest here- I’m usually laughing at them because they have no idea how funny some of the things they say are, but laughing with them is something I’m starting to enjoy as they grow older as well.
7. Now that I’m a mom I’m totally justified in staying home on Friday and Saturday nights. Let’s face it- I just can’t hang like I used to and I don’t have to feel bad about that anymore! Turns out I’m a homebody!
8. Having kids makes you see the world in a completely different light. Kids have a curiosity and imagination that makes me reconsider everything I thought I knew and makes me stop to look at things just a little differently.
9. Holidays are better now that I’m a mom. The magic they bring to the holidays makes them truly wondrous. (plus I love spoiling them just a few days a year!)
10. I have to say- now that I’m a mom, I love the idea that one day someone will be around too look after me and love me as I grow old- there’s an admittedly selfish comfort in that.
We put this up on our Graco Facebook page too. We’d love to see your list! Make a comment here, post a comment on our Facebook page or create your own list on “notes” in Facebook. Share it with your friends who are celebrating Mother’s Day this year.