Graco Car Seat Inspiring Story #2

We receive letters weekly from grateful moms, dads, grandparents & caregivers who believe Graco car seats have helped save their child’s life. These letters, especially for members of the car seat team (of which I am a part!), are so encouraging and inspire us to work harder.  I really enjoy sharing letters like the one below on the blog.  Check out the story from this grateful mom – we are very happy that her little guy is safe and sound!

on-the-bed-2Here’s her letter:
I wanted to send you praise on your infant car seat product. About 2 months ago, my husband was driving my car and I was seated in the back with my 4 month old son. Some crazy person turned illegally in front of us and we ended up in a car accident. I was the only one that was hurt because I was thrown to the left where the handle to the baby’s car seat was and hit my arm forcefully. My baby was scared at first and let out a huge cry but after soothing him, he calmed down. Looking him over, I saw that he was just fine. I thank God for the strength and stability of your product. I will be forever grateful that he wasn’t hurt. I own a Graco swing and a Graco playard and I know that these products are of the highest quality. Your name, GRACO, speaks for itself.

Thank you again from a very appreciative mother.

As long as Graco has been in the car seat business, we have received many letter from families that have been involved in car crashes. In so many of these extraordinary letters families recount their terrible experiences and express their belief that their Graco car seat helped protect their child in a crash.

Although we wish children were never involved in car crashes, we know this is not the case, so we certainly appreciate the gratitude from families whose children were restrained in their Graco car seats during a crash. It is experiences like theirs that keep us working hard to develop and manufacture products that help save children’s lives.

8 Responses to “Graco Car Seat Inspiring Story #2”

1. Kim @ What's That Smell? July 6, 2009 at 7:06 pm #

These letters must be one of the great things about your job. While it’s awful that accidents happen, it is great to know Graco is looking out for our babies!!!

2. Chris Fralish July 7, 2009 at 7:16 am #

Hi Kim @ What’s That Smell and thank you for your comment! Yes, one of the great perks of working for Graco is receiving letters about how my products helped to protect a child. I really enjoy being a part of the car seat team, which has a BIG purpose – it’s very motivating!

3. Michael August 21, 2009 at 11:12 pm #

Getting a good car seat in hard to find but is worth the time in research. Not only is it good to get a car seat that id safe, but also one that will last.

4. donna November 25, 2009 at 6:06 pm #

My 3mo grandson & his fam was in a fender bender last night. William was in his seat, buckled in. Everyone is fine but I was told we need to get a new seat is this correct?

5. AYDEN May 10, 2010 at 8:58 pm #

DID THE RESEARCH AND GOT THE NAUTILUS GRACO CARSEAT. OUR SON AYDEN LOVE IT..HE IS ONLY OVER A YEAR. THE SEAT IS VERY COMFEE!!!!!!!ALL PARENTS MUST GET THIS SEAT.

6. Patty May 12, 2010 at 9:21 pm #

@ AYDEN:

Just so you know, if your son is only over a year, he technically should still be rear-facing. The AAP recommends rear-facing for at least two years, and many parents continue well beyond that. There are many tests to back this up.

Rear-facing is safest for all children, especially when they are still so little…and Graco themselves even have wonderful seats, like the My Ride, that can accommodate extended rear facing!

Good luck…sorry for the rant, I’ve just been doing a lot of research on car seats lately…

7. Grandma May 21, 2010 at 9:15 am #

I need to know one thing. How do you attach the infant car seat into the dual glider stroller? We bought a dual stroller used stroller and we cannot figure out how in the world to put the carseat into the stroller. Makes me feel really stupid here.

Thanks,
    gangaw

8. black friday graco nautilus car seat October 18, 2011 at 7:19 am #

Thanks for every other excellent article. Where else may anybody get that type of info in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the look for such information.