Wearing New Shoes at This Year’s ABC Kids Expo

graco-09-012I have to say, it is really starting to become  a reality that our Parker Party of 2 will soon be a Party of 3.  Beyond my growing belly, I recently had the chance to familiarize myself even more with all of the great baby products out there.  Graco attended the annual ABC Kids Expo® in Las Vegas earlier in September, and I have to say I found myself wearing different shoes this year as a first time expectant mom (literally too - trading in my heels for comfy flats).   The All Baby & Child Expo (aka ABC Show) is the primary trade show for the juvenile products industry and trust me, there is A LOT to see! From set up to tear-down, Graco employees come in (in shifts, otherwise it tends to be an extremely long and exhausting week) to ensure a seamless show, touring buyers and media through our latest and greatest creations.  Here are a few that recently hit stores (or will very soon)!

1a37ham-17572141Lovin’ Hug® Plug-In Infant Swing: You now have the option of AC plug-in or battery operation, allowing you to choose the power source that best suits your needs

8l00smr1

My Ride™ 65 Convertible Car Seat: Holds your child rear-facing longer than most US seats – up to 40 lbs. Then, secures your forward-facing toddler in a 5-point harness up to 65 lbs.

8a41rce-17596891SnugRide® 35 Infant Car Seat: Extends SnugRide comfort and performance for babies from 5-35 lbs. and up to 32 inches, with an easy-install base design and side-impact tested construction

8j02mti Nautilus™ Elite 3-in-1 Car Seat: All the performance of our Nautilus 3-in-1 seat, with a convenient integrated seat belt lock-off

So, this year, amidst my duties to manage a successful install and dismantle of the 5000 square foot booth as well as work the show,  I made a point to walk a majority of the show and get the scoop on all of the wonderful baby products out there.  I packed my suitcase a bit on the light side purposefully so that I would have some additional space to bring home some loot–and that I did!  Many of the exhibitors present at the show want to skip the worry (and cost) of shipping all of their goods back home, so they offer to sell it on the show floor at wholesale prices.  It was like Christmas for me!  Not knowing the sex of the baby at this point was probably a good thing, I could have easily broken the bank purchasing all of the adorable ‘gender specific’ things out there.  Bringing home the goods I was able to snag has definitely given me the ‘nesting’ itch…more to come on that very soon!  So needless to say, my perspective (and shoes) were very different this year at the show and I’m looking forward to actually getting to use my knowledge (and purchases) very soon!

7 Responses to “Wearing New Shoes at This Year’s ABC Kids Expo”

1. Karen Hartzell, Graco October 2, 2009 at 7:45 am #

So sad to have missed the show this year. I would have loved to see all your shopping finds through your eyes of a first time mom to be. So exciting!

2. Lindsay Lebresco October 2, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

I remember the first time I attended the show preggars. I was like a kid in a candy store! Same thing for me- I didn’t know the sex of the baby so I didn’t buy as much but I did bookmark that ABC show guide and made sure to check everything out once Little Lebresco was born. Heard you were a real trooper. You rock!!

3. CanCan October 16, 2009 at 10:00 am #

I hope I can go some year!

4. free trial April 6, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

very well written blog i enjoy reading this site

5. Fashion Guide USA May 5, 2010 at 4:40 am #

I crowded my suitcase a bit on the featherlike view purposefully so that I would hit any further expanse to make habitation any loot-and that I did! Numerous of the exhibitors speak at the demonstrate deprivation to bounce the worry (and cost) of business all of their artifact wager habitation, so they message to sell it on the appear structure at indiscriminate prices. It was like Season for me! Not knowledgeable the sex of the baby at this close occurrence, I could individual easily halting the incline purchase all of the loveable ‘gender specific’ things out there. Bringing abode the artefact I was healthy to snag has definitely conferred me the ‘nesting’ itch…more to proceed on that really presently! So unneeded to say, my perspective (and situation) were very several this gathering at the pretense and I’m search overfamiliar to actually effort to use my knowledge (and purchases) rattling presently!
    —————————————-
    helengreen

6. Kami Schwantes December 2, 2010 at 9:24 pm #

This is a great weblog publish with thanks for sharing this academic information.. I’ll go to your internet website regularly for some latest post. This is this kind of a fantastic useful resource that you’re offering and you give it away free of charge. I adore seeing web sites that understand the worth of providing a quality resource free of charge. It?s the outdated what goes about comes about routine. Several of the points associated with this blog post are generally beneficial nonetheless had me personally wanting to know, did they critically imply that? One point I’ve acquired to say is your writing expertise are excellent and I will be returning back for any brand-new blog post you come up with, you might probably possess a brand-new supporter. I bookmarked your weblog for reference.

7. Timmy Thomasonn December 7, 2010 at 10:46 pm #

I Love your website. I’m gonna post a link on my Twitter Page!