Is it a BOY? Or a GIRL? It might be one of the most anticipated announcements. When my cousin, Rachel, was pregnant for the first time a year ago, we were so excited to find out the baby’s gender. Everyone was making bets, checking the “signs,” (She’s carrying high, right? Is she craving sweets? How about morning sickness?!) When she told us little Kaitlyn was a girl, we were ecstatic! Now that she’s expecting her second, we started that game all over again. We recently found out that Rachel and Dan are having a little boy and they are thrilled!
They found out the baby’s gender together, but if you want to make it a surprise for your friends and family, here are five cute ways to say “It’s a Boy!” or “It’s a Girl!”:
- Order custom fortune cookies with the gender inside. Reveal your good fortune by having everyone over to open them at once (with takeout of course!)
- Put the doctor on the phone with your local bakery to secretly tell them the sex – no one finds out until the cake is cut to show bright blue or pink filling inside
- Have the doctor write the gender on a slip of paper for you and your partner to take home and open together to privately celebrate
- Invite friends and family over and fill the house with blue or pink helium ballons to cheerfully spread the news when guests arrive
- Put together a mix of music to play in the background – for a girl, choose songs like “My Girl” and “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun,” for a boy, try “Let’s Hear it for the Boy” or “Bad Boys.” See if people pick up on the hint – if not, share the news at the end of the night!
How did you announce your baby’s gender?
Also check out our post on Top 10 Ways to Announce, “We’re Pregnancy”