We’ve been posting car seat safety tips on Twitter (follow us!) for the past week or so, and thought it might be helpful to capture them here on the blog each week. We know it’s not easy to know all the answers, especially when it comes to the safety of your most precious cargo, so hopefully we can offer some help.
Here are tips from the last week:
- NHTSA recommends that all children 12 & under be buckled up in the back seat
- Manufacturers put expiration dates on car seats. Be sure to check the date to be sure yours hasn’t expired
- Never use BOTH the vehicle seat belt and LATCH to install the car seat. Choose only one installation method and install accordingly
- To install a car seat you must first read the instructions for BOTH the car seat and the vehicle
- For up to date information on booster seat laws in your area, visit www.seatcheck.org
If you have car seat-related questions, feel free to comment here and ask. We’re happy to answer any questions we can about Graco car seats! (and if you’re following us on Twitter, you’ll see 5 more tips next week!)