Welcome Home Daddy!

dadmeetsmajcutieArmy Staff Sargeant Dad reporting for hug under direct orders from Major Cutie.

Words cannot begin to express the emotions captured in this photo. I am sure you all remember Major Cutie from past Wondrous Wednesday posts. If not, you can see her here and here. Major Cutie’s father was serving in Iraq while she was born, and his only contact with his daughter was via Web cam. We are very happy to report that Dad has returned home safely and is enjoying some long overdue quality time with his beautiful daughter, loving wife and extended family. This photo captures the amazing moment of Dad holding his daughter for the very first time. Thank you for serving our country, Rob. We wish you many extraordinary moments like this on your journey through parenthood.

Thank you also to Marsha Dawson, Import Manager for Graco, for sharing one of her family’s most cherished moments.

6 Responses to “Welcome Home Daddy!”

1. Lindsay Lebresco October 20, 2009 at 3:01 pm #

I have tears in my eyes Marsha! What a beautiful moment and yes, thanks for sharing with all of us. I’m happy to see them safety back together.

2. Joanna Price October 20, 2009 at 4:04 pm #

This definitely made me cry… what a fantastic family moment, thanks so much for sharing. My husband is returning home from Afghanistan tonight so this really hits home with me today!

3. Kelly Voelker October 21, 2009 at 2:50 pm #

Joanna – hope you had a wonderful reunion. This is such a great story!

4. Karen Hartzell, Graco October 21, 2009 at 6:09 pm #

I still get chills reading this. Such a happy moment.

Joanna, wish you many happy moments with your husband too!

5. Gretchen October 22, 2009 at 9:24 am #

This was the best day EVER!!!! Thanks so much for your support and posting. Rob really enjoyed seeing her on your blog! :)

6. Rema Chaskey December 2, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

This is this kind of a wonderful useful resource that you are offering and also you give it absent for free. I adore seeing web websites that understand the worth of providing a top quality resource free of charge. It?s the old what goes about comes about routine.