As you may have seen, we’ve been posting car seat safety tips on Twitter (follow us!) over the last month. We know it’s not easy to know all the answers, especially when it comes to the safety of your most precious cargo, so we hope these tips offer some help.
Here are some of our most recent safety tips:
- The chest clip (on the harness straps) should be placed on the child’s chest at child’s armpit level
- For used car seats, make sure you know the car seat’s history, know it hasn’t been recalled & have all instruction manuals
- For your child’s safety it is important that your car seat base be installed at the proper angle-this is especially important for newborns
- Not sure if your child is ready for a booster seat? The booster seat 5 Step Test is available at www.carseat.org
- All 50 states require the use of car seats or child restraint devices for infants & young children
- Replace your car seat if it has been in a crash
- If in a crash, your vehicle or home owners insurance may cover the cost of a new car seat
If you have Graco-specific car seat questions, just let us know – we’re here to help!