Let’s face it – after nine months of late-night ice cream runs and eating for two (wait, it wasn’t supposed to be for two adults?) even those with the best habits and most fierce will power still can’t help but think about how to get back (or at least closer) to that infamous “pre-baby” weight.
You’ve heard about the diets, fads, and tricks – but here are five simple ways to shape up and slim down with your little one right by your side.
1. Baby = Barbell: That once teeny tiny baby is getting bigger by the second, isn’t she?! Why not use it to your advantage? Try holding her under her arms at your waist and then bringing her up face to face with you. Bicep curls with kisses for baby at the top of each rep!
2. Get outside: Jill Cordes, host of My First Baby, says she and her little one, Fia, love getting out in the fresh air. They go out for walks together and Fia giggles while Jill does lunges behind the stroller. A great game of peek-a-boo as you walk.
3. Strike a pose: Yoga is a great way to tone muscles and work on balance. Incorporate your little one into your routine, keeping him on the mat beside you.
4. Take advantage of nap time: Finally get him down to sleep for a few minutes? Try to sneak in a few pushups, situps, and lunges – even a few minutes of exercise spread out through the day can help!
5. Don’t be so hard on yourself! You’ll find out what works for you and your baby, and not every day is going to be perfect. Hang in there and give yourself time to find out what’s best for you.
Want more tips on how to shape up after baby? Check out the video here at www.myfirstbaby.com and share your tips with us too!
How did you lose the baby weight? What worked for you?