DIY and custom gifts for baby’s arrival

Becoming a new parent is an extremely personal experience, so there’s no surprise that a huge trend in parenting these days is personalizing everything!  You have so much to celebrate with the arrival of your baby, why not make it custom? Here are some of my favorite finds to welcome baby in your own special style:

1. Personalized Jewelry:  I have found that Etsy has an amazing selection of  jewelry designers.  Designs can be customized and there is a large array of necklaces, earrings and bracelets for every taste and style. I love Polkadot Magpie. Her designs are very clean and modern. You also have the option to hand-select the metal, name and pendant accessories.

2. DIY Clothing: These little onesies make a great gift or are a perfect custom way to show your baby’s sense of style (she takes after you already!)

3. Baby Book: You could buy a baby book, but if you want something a little more unique, why not make your own? Stickers, baby shower favors, ribbons and wrapping paper from shower gifts all make your book unique. Or choose more of an old school approach and create a Polaroid baby book that instantly captures all of baby’s adorable first moments (this one’s from TheBump.com).

4. Create Artwork: Whether it is creating a customized silhouette of your child on a canvas, sketching with charcoal or creating an oil painting from your favorite photograph, artwork is the perfect way to celebrate parenthood throughout your home. It can be hung in your child’s nursery, playroom or office and makes a wonderful gift for grandparents. There are several local classes and options that can help you put something together.

5. Memento Box: There are so many memories and firsts that you will want to capture for your little one. A DIY box is an easy way to create a special place to store them.  This might include favorite baby books, artwork, cards and videos. The Container Store has a large selection of boxes of all sizes and colors that can be stored for future rainy days when you want to look back on some of your favorite memories.

How did you customize your baby’s arrival?

10 Responses to “DIY and custom gifts for baby’s arrival”

1. Jess July 27, 2010 at 9:06 am #

I wanted to hang clouds from our nursery ceiling. I was unable to find anybody online who sold stuffed clouds or cloud pillows, so I made my own. Daddy and I both drew the cloud shapes and I sewed them together from white felt. They came out amazing!

2. Kelly July 27, 2010 at 4:00 pm #

What a cute idea! Sounds like an easy and creative way to decorate the nursery for sure!

3. Josphine Kranock July 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

Thanks for publishing this article. I’ve been searching for this general type of information and it’s been surprisingly hard to find with any real quality. I wll keep coming back for more. Thanks Again.

4. Elizabeth Nichols August 26, 2010 at 11:29 am #

Thanks for all the good ideas. I went ahead and listed some of them on my baby registry. I’m looking forward to making “creative artwork” to give as xmas gifts this year. Thanks again.

5. Johnsie Amsili September 23, 2010 at 1:58 pm #

Wow! what an thought !! What a concept !?! Attractive !!!. Astounding …

6. TOOGOOGOO October 11, 2010 at 11:32 pm #

What’s the most effective way to gain ahead in business?Promotional Corporate apparel or Custom Embroidered Hats is a great way to brand,obviously.As reported by a report done by the Advertising Specialties Institute,of all giveaways promotional apparel is used most frequently and that includes promotional caps.These corporate business hats are perfect vehicles to obtain your branded message seen by anyone and everyone.They could be given out at a number of events,from ball games to celebrations.When someone puton one of them stylish promotional caps,they will be doing your advertising for you.

7. Darlene March 30, 2014 at 2:28 am #

Hello there! This post couldn’t be written any better!
    Looking through this post reminds me of my previous
    roommate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this
    article to him. Fairly certain he’ll have a great read. Thanks for sharing!

8. gta 5 online how to make fast money April 2, 2014 at 3:53 pm #

Videogames fans come in for a large treat using the accessibility of Grand Theft Auto V which
    will be to be-released mid-september. One has to wonder how the GTA Online cheaters think
    they’re going to benefit from this, with
    Rockstar’s harsh reaction to the original money glitch.
    Triangle, Up ,Up, Left, Right, Square, Circle, Right :
    Skinny.

My blog – gta 5 online how to make fast money

9. clash of clans hack gratuit June 14, 2014 at 2:07 am #

Good day I am so thrilled I found your webpage, I really found
    you by accident, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just
    like to say kudos for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love
    the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome work.