Becoming a new parent is an extremely personal experience, so there’s no surprise that a huge trend in parenting these days is personalizing everything! You have so much to celebrate with the arrival of your baby, why not make it custom? Here are some of my favorite finds to welcome baby in your own special style:
1. Personalized Jewelry: I have found that Etsy has an amazing selection of jewelry designers. Designs can be customized and there is a large array of necklaces, earrings and bracelets for every taste and style. I love Polkadot Magpie. Her designs are very clean and modern. You also have the option to hand-select the metal, name and pendant accessories.
2. DIY Clothing: These little onesies make a great gift or are a perfect custom way to show your baby’s sense of style (she takes after you already!)
3. Baby Book: You could buy a baby book, but if you want something a little more unique, why not make your own? Stickers, baby shower favors, ribbons and wrapping paper from shower gifts all make your book unique. Or choose more of an old school approach and create a Polaroid baby book that instantly captures all of baby’s adorable first moments (this one’s from TheBump.com).
4. Create Artwork: Whether it is creating a customized silhouette of your child on a canvas, sketching with charcoal or creating an oil painting from your favorite photograph, artwork is the perfect way to celebrate parenthood throughout your home. It can be hung in your child’s nursery, playroom or office and makes a wonderful gift for grandparents. There are several local classes and options that can help you put something together.
5. Memento Box: There are so many memories and firsts that you will want to capture for your little one. A DIY box is an easy way to create a special place to store them. This might include favorite baby books, artwork, cards and videos. The Container Store has a large selection of boxes of all sizes and colors that can be stored for future rainy days when you want to look back on some of your favorite memories.
How did you customize your baby’s arrival?