Making Car Seat Selection Easier at Target

Buying the right car seat for your child is extremely important and we know it can be a little overwhelming sometimes.

Target is trying to make the decision a little easier by providing car seat shopping tools in their stores. In the Target car seat department, you will see an actual measuring stick so parents can measure the height of their child right there in the store.

They also have signage that explains the stages of car seats and which types of car seats are appropriate for each child’s height, weight, and age. The stages are further explained through overhead signage, color coding on the product fact tags that are in front of the products and some stores even have the color coding on the floor!

Target also introduced mobile technology to the in store environment. By texting “car seat” you will be able to access Target’s online car seat selector. Check this out at your local Target to have an easier time selecting the right car seat for your child.

Have questions about how to select the right car seat for your child? Let us know how we can help!

11 Responses to “Making Car Seat Selection Easier at Target”

1. crunchycpst August 16, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

love that the backless turbo boosters now come with the armrests (and more importantly, screws), installed. love!

2. Jocey'sMommy August 17, 2010 at 4:29 pm #

I just wish their info was up to date with the seats they carry :( great for saying that boosters are for school age children but at least have the numbers line up!?!?!?!?!

3. Lauren August 22, 2010 at 12:51 pm #

I love Graco baby products! I have the Graco Snugride and the Snugrider stroller, I love both of them.

4. JakH September 6, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

Hi,
    I have been researching about Graco carseats and travel systems. I have one complaint about the car seats website. There is no ‘Comparison’ tool that allows customers to compare different products in the same category. If I need to compare a Graco Spree travel system with Graco Stylus travel system, there’s no way I can do it. Its frustating when one tries to understand the difference between different products within the same category. I hope you can give this feedback to the product teams.

Thanks,

5. Hiroshi September 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

Hello,

I’ve been happily using Graco car seats for my petite-sized 47-mo daughter (on ComfortSport) and average-sized 8-mo son (on Snugride, not 35 or 32). My son is getting ready to receive my daughter’s ComfortSport, and my daughter is getting ready for the next seat. I consider myself an informed consumer, but currently I’m still struggling to make the next car-seat choice, despite extensive internet researching, etc.

Among the Graco line of car-seat products, what is the “general path” of progression (with or without your product-line development in mind)? I can think of the following progressions…
    [A] #1 Snugride, #2 Nautilus
    [B] #1 Snugride, #2 ComfortSport, #3 Nautilus
    [C] #1 Snugride, #2 ComfortSport, #3 Highback TurboBooster

Among above, of course [B] is the most ideal (covering all overlapping rang, but also the most costly (especially with x2 cars). I wouldn’t go [A], as Nautilus isn’t “4-in-1 with rear-facing option first” (hint-hint). Technically I’m considering [C], but practically I’m just not comfortable with my daughter (only at the very min height/weight range of 30lbs/38″) in Highback TurboBooster.

So, wanting to keep my daughter in 5-point harness longer, I know my answer is [B] in the end. But I’m also curious as to whether or not [B] (vs [C]) is indeed the intended “general path” in Graco product line.

Thanks for reading (& your feedback, in advance).

6. Kelly Voelker September 15, 2010 at 7:52 am #

Hi Jak – We actually do have a comparison tool on http://www.gracobaby.com that will allow you to compare the products you are looking at. You can get to it from the product-specific pages. Here’s a comparison of the Spree and Stylus travel systems: http://www.gracobaby.com/ShoppingTools/Pages/ProductComparision.aspx?CatId=TravelSystems&QS=1755703!1755700. I hope this helps you and let us know if you need any help using the tool! – Kelly

7. Kelly Voelker September 15, 2010 at 7:53 am #

Thanks, Lauren – glad you like them :)

8. Anne September 19, 2010 at 1:23 am #

Hiroshi, replace “Comfort Sport” with “MyRide 65″ to rear-face as long as possible, and you’ve got a winner in B. ;)

9. Lyman Nazir December 14, 2010 at 1:59 pm #

Asa Padavich

10. Right here is the perfect blog for everyone who wishes to understand this topic.

You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a new spin on a topic which has been written about for decades.

Great stuff, just great!

1. Reflections On My Past: How Quickly 9 Years Can Evolve An Industry « Thought Industry - August 17, 2010

[...] device support. Want an update via twitter? See SMS. Want to receive information in store while shopping for baby seats? [...]