Rock-a-bye Baby has always been a classic, but there are also some great songs/lullabies/nursery rhymes that can help soothe a little one
We asked parents what they sing to their babies or bellies on our I Love My Baby Bump Facebook Page – and here are five of our favorite replies:
- Gina P: Hush Little Baby, b/c it is on the long side. I would have to sing the short ones like 20 times in a row!
- Danielle H: You are my sunshine worked wonders walking around when my son was tiny. At naptime now, I sing to him on the way to his room (I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, As long as I’m living my baby you’ll be) and he knows it’s time to calm down. He loves any songs though. Right now he’s dancing around crazy to CMT to a song I wouldn’t have a clue how to dance too!! Lol
- Carrie G: We speak Spanish in the home, so my favorite song for the babies is “Pajarito Cantor” BEAUTIFUL song!
- Rebecca H: ”You are my sunshine” in and out of Belly as well as, The Doors “touch me” (the part that says, I’m gonna love you til the heavens…) and “Layla” by Derrick and the Dominos because we knew we were naming here Laila )
- Sara C: I constantly sing along with “Haven’t met you yet” by Michael Buble. It’s my fav song to sing to my lil boy to be!
What is your favorite lullaby, new or old!?