Well, along with being oh-so-convenient and cute, your stroller also has a number of safety features built into its design.
So, we at Graco wanted to share a few simple safety tips to keep in mind while you’re on the go:
- Avoid risk of serious injuries from your child falling or sliding out of a stroller by always using the harness system. After fastening the buckles, adjust the harness to get a snug fit around your child. We recommend using a harness every single time, even if you’re not in motion!
- Never leave a child unattended in a stroller; always keep your child in view.
- As with any product, carefully read the entire instruction manual before use.
- When transporting an infant who is fully reclined, make sure to use the bassinet enclosure feature.
- Never use a stroller on stairs or escalators. Use extra care when going up or down a step or curb. Always use an elevator or ramp, when available.
- To prevent a stroller from tipping, do not place articles such as purses, shopping bags, parcels or accessories, over the handles.
- From time to time check your stroller for loose screws, worn parts, torn material or stitching, and replace or repair the parts as needed. Make sure to discontinue using your stroller should it become damaged or broken.
- To help avoid burn injuries, never place hot liquids on the parent’s tray.
- Never attach toys or other objects with strings on the stroller that could be a strangulation hazard for your child.
Have other stroller safety questions? Ask them here and we’ll do our best to answer them. Safe Strolling!