I trying to limit the amount of time my almost 5-year old can watch TV. So In an effort to offer fun activities outside of TV, I just bought her the game called Pinkalicious Cupcake Party. She actually loves playing (and I have to admit, I do too!). This past weekend I decided an “interview” would be fun.
I asked PP if I could interview her and her first question was, “what’s an interview?” I told her an interview is where I ask you questions and you get to answer them. Surprisingly, she was excited to take part, so I seized the moment:
1. What’s your favorite food? (I didn’t want her to lose interest so I decided to start simple and ease her into the interview…)
“Chocolate.” (I guess we need to work on the food groups a little more..)
2. What’s your favorite thing to do?
“Watch TV (hence my reason for doing this) and draw pictures.” (at one point, PP’s room was covered wall to ceiling with her artwork.)
3. What’s your favorite thing to do with Mommy?
“Hug her.” (Isn’t she sweet?)
4. What’s your favorite thing to do with Daddy?
5. What’s your favorite color?
“Pink” (No surprise there, but thought she would say pink and purple–that’s usually one color for her.)
6. What do you want to be when you grow up?
“Unicorn flyer.” (Hhmm…not sure if that is a high demand career.)
7. What is your favorite word?
“Annalise.” (Is currently one of her best friends.)
8. What is your favorite thing to do at school?
“Play outside.” (Glad to know I am paying for a quality education and ” playground” is her favorite subject.)
9. If you could do something all day long, what would it be?
“Roller-skate with Daddy and ride my bike.”
10. If you could have anything in the world, what would you want?
11. What is your favorite movie?
“Chihuahua.” (Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2)
12. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
“Disney World, so I can watch all of the Disney movies.”
13. Who is your best friend?
“All the girls in my Pre-K 2 class.” (Nice to know she is so inclusive!)
14. What is your favorite TV show?
15. Who is your favorite Princess?
16. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
“My feet.” (Random)
17. What is your favorite game?
“Pinkalicious Cupcake Game.” (Best $15 that I have spent!)
18. What is your favorite thing about Mommy?
“She hugs me a lot.”
19. What is your favorite thing about Daddy?
“His strong bones because he picks me up and does strong things.”
20. What is your favorite animal?
“A giraffe, no a dog, yeah a dog!”
I thought it was so fun to see what my child’s “favorite” things are as well as spend time together outside of Television. Ask your little one what their “favorites” are and let us know what they say!