Smart Seat Photos

Over the last month  a number of our consumers have asked to see how  Smart Seat looks in use. We have been listening and have provided pictures below of a Smart Seat in different positions with children of the correct ages (Courtesy of Car Seat Blog). Take a look at the pictures and let us know if you still have any questions.

smartseat3

Tags: , ,

6 Responses to “Smart Seat Photos”

1. Tonya March 18, 2011 at 7:01 pm #

Is that much of a rear facing recline needed for older toddlers? Thats the big thing that bothered me… There feet are level with their head. :(

2. Kristen March 18, 2011 at 8:21 pm #

Tonya, not sure if it helps for comparison any, but my Sunshine Kids Radian 80 when installed (by a professional) in some of our vehicles have significant recline as well. My son didn’t really seem to notice the difference when he was strapped in. To him I think he realized that he was just “lower” (both in recline and height of seat) in the Nissan Altima as compared to being “higher” (in recline and height of seat) in the Toyota Sequoia. Either way was safely installed, jut different because the seat of the vehicle was itself built differently.

I’d like to ask about the proximity and allowance of the install to the front seat for a RF install. In the photos above it shows the top portion of the Smart Seat touching (aka pressed up against) the back of the front seat. Is this allowed for the Smart Seat as it is not allowed for many car seats. The Sunshine Kids does in fact allow “propping” so was curious how that worked given the base was separate. Is there added pressure on the seat if propping was allowed since it is separate from the base?

Just curious.

Still can’t wait to get my hands on one of these at some point given that I plan to car pool with 2 different families for preschool on different days in the fall. M and W I take a 4 year old to my older sons class and on T Th I’ll take a 2 year old (who in my world would still be rearfacing) to my younger sons class. I’d love to be able to just flip it back and forth depending on the day as the “extra” seat in my car.

Thanks for showing some photos. Look forward to seeing more with children in different levels of recline both RF and FF.

3. Kristina - Pillows.org March 20, 2011 at 2:28 am #

Graco never fails. My sis-in-law bought this for my sister.

4. Jessica March 29, 2011 at 2:10 pm #

I’m very interested in this for my new baby. I may have to check it out in real life soon.

5. Tara @ The Shopping Mom March 30, 2011 at 10:40 am #

This looks nice! Where can I find the fabric options?

6. Sunshine Crawford April 27, 2011 at 12:00 pm #

Do you think this seat will fit rear-facing in a Nissan Sentra? I do not want to purchase it and then have it not fit! I have heard from many that it is hard to fit in smaller cars but just hoping it would fit because I would love to have this seat!