Smart Seat = Smart Style

Let’s talk fashion.

Here on the Graco Fashion team we LOVE new products, because it gives us a chance to develop new materials to suit the product’s style.  With the launch of the Smart Seat this past year, we knew that this car seat needed a special kind of look.  Taking inspiration from our European counterparts, as well as car interiors, and incorporating our own color palette and trendy prints, we came up a set of designs that we thought would not only look great, but function well.

Knowing that this seat can ultimately span the entire time your child is in a car seat, we needed materials that would last, be easy to clean, feel comfortable and have a design that’s not so trendy that you would get sick of it.

The end result: the Smart Seat is now available in FIVE stylish fashions.

With a mix of sleek, neutral looks and eye catching, bold patterns to choose from, we think these car seats would look great in any back seat.    And we hope you agree!

For more information on where to buy your favorite Smart Seat, visit gracobaby.com!

Which  fashion is your favorite?  What new looks would you love to see on the next generation of Smart Seats?  Anyone else wish they had an adult-sized version?

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “Smart Seat = Smart Style”

1. Kate Sundy-Hong September 19, 2011 at 8:20 pm #

I have Jessica for Gracie and I think it is *really* one of the prettiest car seats I’ve ever seen… we love it!

2. Lauren September 19, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

Honestly? Im super disappointed. The girl seats are terrific. Now WHY can’t you turn that around for the boys? The only thing you’ve got for boys is bland, dull and uninteresting. Black and gray and beige are NOT stylish, cool, or fun for a boy. You make such cute covers for your infant seats that actually work for boys, yet for this seat, a seat they are going to be in for YEARS longer than an infant seat, you stick to the most boring seat colors possible. Very disappointing.

3. Monica September 19, 2011 at 9:43 pm #

Brown, pink, gray or black and trendy prints just for the girls. I really wish Graco would expand its cover options beyond the ComfortSport. There are parents out there that want their kids to be able to rear face past 2 and harness beyond the low limits of that seat that enjoy color and pattern options. I really wish you guys would listen as parents beg for better options.

4. Sara Carr September 19, 2011 at 11:31 pm #

I would really love to have 2 of these seats for my kiddos. I love the Jemma pattern for girls and the Rosin for boys. Very nice car seats.

5. Kristen September 20, 2011 at 12:01 am #

Just an idea… what about a twist on the “color on color” pallet with a Navy and light blue?? I “think” that Graco often doesn’t do “cutesie” for boys because it feels that boys don’t want cute long term whereas girls will love pink and plum for years to come. Perhaps poll a few 6 year old boys and see what colors they like and put a spin on that. Like Lime green with skateboards or something. I understand especially with the Smart Seat it’ll potentially see you through to 10 years old so how can you put dinosaurs on a seat like that because no 10 year old will want to sit in a “baby seat” that has dinosaurs on it. We want kids to think of them as “big guy/gal” seats and WANT to stay in it longer not worrying about how they look. So perhaps spin the boy colors much like the girl colors but with camo blues or wild stripes orange. I really don’t care if my car seat matches my car perfectly (kinda like how soooooooo many people buy the cow cover on their Britax)… much like when I bought my pack n play and swing, I didn’t care if it matched the interior colors of my home. They are child products that should be child like and whimsical. Understandable that many “upscale” people might want a totally color coordinated seat… so why not offer a somewhat broader range.

Still love the seat… gotta get my hands on 1 at some point to give it a whirl.

Thanks Graco for keeping our kiddoes safe!

6. Deanna Conkling September 20, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

Great ideas! As a mother of a young son who will be riding in a Smart Seat before we know it, I totally understand your feedback. And to let you know that we hear you, we are looking at creating a design for a boy Smart Seat. Feel free to add a new comment with ideas on what would look great and last as your child grows. Check back soon for more progress on our boy specific fashion!

7. Lindsay September 20, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

Having been in this industry for years, I understand sometimes what you design doesn’t wind up on store shelves so some designs hit the cutting room floor but recently, for my 6 1/2 year old who I am just transitioning to a booster seat, I was very excited to get him a new, big boy seat for him to start first grade. I hunted FOREVER looking for a cute boy seat & as others said, found a lot of great girl options (in fact, accidentally bought a fuchsia pink one that looked red online- we’re saving that for my daughter) but no boy ones. I was *almost* going to pick a competitor’s seat that had a cute green one but took a look at the nice, thick EPS foam on the Graco Turbo & knew I couldn’t choose any other brand :) Take a look at brands like Red 21 Boys or Gap or 77kids- they do a great job with cool boys clothes that could easily translate into car seat fashions. I think Turbo Boosters would be a great place to start because they are used for older kids and can have more sophisticated styling. As a certified car seat technician, I shouldn’t care about the look of the seat but I’m also a mom who wants her son to be excited about sitting in his seat and I was excited to “present” him with his big boy seat after seeing his friends use them for years. (which is not good) Take a poll on Facebook, I bet I’m not alone!

8. Jessica R. September 21, 2011 at 12:14 am #

You named a car seat after me? I am beyond flattered! ;-)
    Seriously though, gorgeous line! Almost makes me want to have another little to put in there…

9. Tonya October 4, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

Hi! I was wondering if you guys updated the strap covers at all? I know they have that thick foam and are required for rear facing, also they cannot be used for forward facing. My daughter likes the strap covers but because they are so thick its hard to get the harness tightened enough.
    Also what is the stance on using it more upright for older children? My daughter is going to be 2 in a month but I plan on keeping her rear facing for at least another year being shes only 25lbs now. She is not comfortable being so reclined and strains to pull her neck up to see out the windows. If I put the seat in a more upright position the bubble on the angle indicator is not completely between the lines. Shes so used to being between 35-30 degrees on her current seats ( My Ride and a Britax Roundabout).
    Ive been saving for a few months and hopefully will have enough to purchase the Smart Seat in a month or two for her. Its a big purchase for me and I want to make sure I make the right choice

10. Jess March 9, 2013 at 3:44 am #

I really love this car seat I have one but its boring. I’m a country girl and I like my cool little cowboy to have a camo car seat, not the childish little greens and browns but the actual camo you would see on a hunters jacket =). I would really appreciate a high end car seat with a little country feelin