A New Way of Connecting: Click vs. Classic

The old way of doing things is tried and true, but sometimes a new idea just “clicks,” which is why we’re pleased to share the Graco® Click Connect™ line of products.

You may have noticed that the name Click Connect is on some of our newer products—including SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40, SnugRide® Click Connect 35, FastAction™ Fold Jogger Click Connect™ and Graco Modes™ Click Connect™ Stroller. The Click Connect system is our newest, simplest way to connect an infant car seat to a stroller or car seat base. With one simple step, you set the car seat in the base or stroller and you’ll hear an audible “click,” which lets you know it’s connected securely.

If you have an infant car seat, stroller or infant car seat base that doesn’t have the Click Connect designation in its title, then it’s one of our great Classic Connect products. For all Classic Connect products, you’ll snap the shell into the stroller and then use the secondary attachment straps or levers to secure the infant car seat. The specifics may vary slightly by model, so it’s important to read your instruction manual thoroughly.

Click Connect items work with other Click Connect items and always have “Click Connect” in the name of the product, while Classic Connect items work with other Classic Connect items. We’re planning to post a blog in the next couple of weeks with frequently asked questions on the topic, so if you have any questions you’re dying to have answered, make sure to post them in the comment section below!

Happy riding and strolling!

Ashley Mowrey

Ashley is the PR and Consumer Engagement Manager at Graco. She loves catching up with friends on Facebook, relaxing at the beach and playing baseball with her three boys, Evan, Chase & Connor.

47 Responses to “A New Way of Connecting: Click vs. Classic”

1. Jody C March 22, 2013 at 6:53 pm #

Why don’t you have any separate Click Connect 30 lb or 22 lb car seats?

2. Kevin C March 22, 2013 at 8:12 pm #

We will be going with the Click Connect 40 for our baby girl thats due in June! We love the 40 because of it’s versatility.

3. Chrissie March 25, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

Hi Ashley

We are looking to purchase a Click Connect 35 as it seems to be lighter than 40 (by 2 pounds). However I noticed that the base for Click Connect 40 is designed to let the car seat slide forward and backward on slightly different setting which allows the car seat to have different sitting angles and therefore also provide more leg room when it’s the most upright.

My question is, if I purchase a Click Connect 40′s bane, will Click Connect 35 fit on 40′s base? If so, will the base offers 35 the same versatile angle/leg room like 40 does?

Thank you!

Chrissie

4. Holly April 4, 2013 at 9:47 am #

I was just in Babies R Us last night looking for a double stroller. The salesman informed me about the new Click Connect system. I love the new patterns of fabric on the travel systems (single strollers). When will Graco release a new double stroller for the Click Connect system?

5. Ryan April 17, 2013 at 11:34 pm #

Disappointed in Graco in the release of this new technology. As a family that recently had multiples it makes one wonder why Graco as a company would choose to ignore us, when we have to purchase multiples of car seats, swings, toys, etc… Yet with 12 new strollers that work with this new technology not a single one is for multiples. Very bad PR and planning on the companies part.

6. Briana May 18, 2013 at 12:58 am #

do both the click connect and classic connect work with the BOB revolution SE stroller adapter?

7. Marie May 24, 2013 at 9:05 pm #

Do both the click connect and classic connect work with the Baby Jogger City Mini stroller adapter?

8. Stacey Hammond May 26, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

We have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old with a new baby on the way. We have purchased a single strolled and a double strolled from Gravo and will have to purchase a new car seat for the new baby. Will the click connect system work on the tour and the tour duo strollers? If not, will you be making a retrofit device? It would really disappoint me if I can’t use the new car seat with our current strollers.

9. amy June 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

Hello, I purchased the Graco Snugride 35 (odyssey) 1812179. I want to be sure this is a classic connect item as the stroller I have only accomodates the classic connect not the others. Thank you. Amy

10. Ryan June 19, 2013 at 1:54 am #

The Baby’s R Us website states that the BOB stroller adapter works with the Graco Snugride Click Connect 35, after ordering and receiving the BOB stroller adapter I noticed the BOB instruction manual states, very generically, the adaptor works for Graco Snugride 35 car seats. Well which ones? Can they be a little more specific? Well FYI, It does not work, it is NOT compatible with the Snugride Click Connect 35!!! There is very little information from your product and website, as well as very broad and general info from the BOB website on which EXACT car seats will work with this adapter and which will not. This is information YOU should provide to the consumer so they don’t have to buy it and find out the hard and frustrating way. Now we have to decide if we want to return YOUR car seat and go with the Chicco car seat that is compatible, which seems to be the easiest solution at this point. Graco and BOB should put their heads together to resolve this problem instead of leaving it up to the consumer to find out the hard way. We have multiple more Graco items to open up and put together, I hope we are not as disappointed in them as we are with the car seat and adapter issue.

11. James July 4, 2013 at 5:46 pm #

Unfortunately, the click connect does NOT work with the CIty Mini stroller adapter. Too bad, we liked the light weight of the carseat.

12. kw July 6, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

also the graco click connect 35 does NOT work with the bugaboo bee adapter either.

13. KMurr July 9, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

When will there be a Click Connect double stroller for people like myself who are having twins?

14. Bill July 10, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

This tells me nothing. All you tell us is apples are apples and oranges are oranges. You need to let the public know the selling points. When buying a car seat, I need to be able to compare safety rating, ease of installation, ease of cleaning cloth insert, ease of loading and unloading, etc. If you have this information on your website, I can’t find it. When you browse over the Classic and Click Connect, the description is identical! A totally worthless website. By the way, your playpen is a pain to operate.

15. Suzanne July 16, 2013 at 8:55 am #

I purchased a graco snugride car seat in 2005 need a new stroller that will be compatible to the older car seat purchased in 2005, would this be any “classic connect” model?

16. Lynn July 28, 2013 at 11:37 pm #

I recently purchased 2 Click Connect 35 car seats for grandtwins that are due in a few weeks. I’m now looking for a double stroller and was hoping you would have one to go with these car seats. Wow…like the others with multiples I was really shocked. I’m now wishing I would have done further research and found another brand who have strollers for doubles that car seats would work in. No information on your site was helpful at all and when i googled this, this is the page I was brought to. Disappointed!!!

17. Katie August 20, 2013 at 2:40 am #

I have the BOB revolution SE stroller and the Graco adapter only accommodates the classic connect snugride 35, but the BOB site does state that there are other options for click connect if you contact customer service. I haven’t yet but was reading the Chicco adapter will fit the click. However, nowhere on the box in the store does it say this, what a pain. If I have to purchase a new car seat because of this I will choose a different brand.

18. JV August 26, 2013 at 2:18 am #

I’m having the same incompatibility issues here. I posted it to the Graco FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Graco/posts/10151534712957282?comment_id=26744997&offset=0&total_comments=4&notif_t=feed_comment

I’m repasting the last of my comments. Bottom line: Graco interacts with *many* third-party manufacturers. The new Click Connect product may in fact be better. But they should’ve named it something entirely different. All of those old manuals (like BOB) just said “SnugRide” because as far as I can tell there was no distinction between Classic and Click Connect. This confusion was avoidable:
    +++++++++
    Right, I get that *now* you have a Click Connect and a Classic connect. I’m sure the new product is better than the old one. The problem is that, as far as I can tell, you used to just have a product called “SnugRide”. . I can’t find any distinction or mention of any modifier (Classic or Click Connect) prior to your blog post. You came out with a new way to connect it, which is incompatible with the old. But instead of renaming it something entirely different — like maybe just “Click Connect” — you chose to retain the “SnugRide” brand name (probably for marketing reasons) and you created this confusion. This is all pretty clear when I read reviews. That is also why third-party manufacturers’ compatibility charts just said “SnugRide” when I made my purchase, because they were printed when there was no distinction of “Classic Connect” vs. “Click Connect”, it was just Snugride. Tell me I’m wrong here. Again, this is not a technology problem, but a marketing one. I’m going to start with the jogging stroller manufacturer, because I have a higher confidence they’ll be able to respond with a new adapter. I’m really not happy with Graco. And you guys should be worried, because while I’m sure you didn’t do this maliciously, this is the kind of screw up that results in regulatory actions and consumer class-actions.

19. Amanda August 26, 2013 at 7:36 pm #

HELP!!!! I’m due to give birth within the next 4 weeks and I need to know if my Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Car Seat fits on my Graco Ready2Grow LX Stand & Ride Stroller – Metropolis?

20. Dariq September 3, 2013 at 1:30 am #

Does SnugRide® Classic Connect™ Infant Car Seat fit on Graco UrbanLite Click Connect Stroller?

21. Dariq September 5, 2013 at 12:01 am #

hei, does anybody who answer me???

22. Laura September 6, 2013 at 1:17 am #

sooo.. is this how it goes?

anything CLASSIC connect will not work with the new CLICK connect items? and same for the new CLICK connect will not work with the CLASSIC???

just give us an answer since the CLASSIC has a lot more options right now, But I’d like the newer CLICK stroller (which obviously means the CLICK car seat to be used together) but then my SnugGlider swing will or will not? work with my CLICK carseat… and all the CLASSIC bases that my mother has from previous grandchildren are void also, right??

23. hilary September 6, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

I called and spoke to BOB customer service and there is another option…..the BOB infant Car seat adapter for Chicco (Product #CS1003) is compatible with the Graco Snugride Click Connect. I went and got the adapter and it does in fact connect to the Graco Snugride Click Connect. Very dissapointed in Graco and if I didn’t like how light weight this carseat was I would have switched brands. Hopefully, they will not keep changing their products without being compatible with others or at least change the name so we are not all misinformed.

24. Kate September 7, 2013 at 2:41 am #

I have a snugride 22 which has the classic connect I believe (it was given to me by my sister in law) as it was manufactured in 2011. I need to buy a stroller and want to get the Graco fast action fold jogger. Will the car seat with the classic connect, work safely with the new stroller with the click connect?

What are my options for strollers if the jogger won;t work?

25. Lindsea September 28, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

I registered for the click connect 35 car seats for my twins. I love the car seats but they don’t fit in the stroller I registered for. So I researched what stroller would be able to take 2 click connect car seats and the only one Graco makes is the Stand and Ride. Doesn’t work for my twins after they are out of the carseat because they are forced to face different directions. Any mom of twins knows that that would be an awful thing to let one baby look at you and one not. So I am forced to purchase the classic connect car seats that fit the classic connect stroller. Now I’m out more $ on top of the fact that I have twins.

Graco really should have thought about making a stroller for the click connect car seats especially for twins. I wish I had registered for a different brand of travel system like Baby trend or Chicco.

Guess this would be perfect for the mom of a singleton. Not for a mom of multiples.

26. Lindsea September 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

The only strollers that will accept the click connect carseats are the strollers that are labeled click connect which graco doesn’t make many. Any stroller labeled classic connect will NOT accept a click connect stroller.

This car seat is a great thing for moms but graco didn’t think this all the way through. Should have made more items to work with the click connect action.

27. Chaz September 28, 2013 at 11:59 pm #

Graco doesn’t make it that easy to know that Click Connect doesn’t work with Classic Connect (obviously this post covers that, but their individual products don’t tell you this until you get to the end of the instruction book).

It would make it much easier to figure out what works with what if Graco didn’t give the Classic Connect products similar names to the Click Connect.

Example: “Click Connect Snugride 35″ and regular (Classic) “Snugride 35″ are the existing product names; without a close attention to detail, consumers can be confused and think “oh, I have a Snugride 35, surely that will work with this new Graco Jogger I just dragged home and assembled” – only to find out that they need a special “Click Connect” Snugride. My suggestion is not to have them both have the number 35.

Proposed nomenclature:

Classic Connect Snugride 35
    ClickConnect Snugride 135

By changing the 35 to 135, I think a lot less people will be clueless as to what works with what.

And now I need to go exchange half our system…

28. Julie September 30, 2013 at 6:40 pm #

Hello ! We just bought the Uppa Baby Vista 2013, and we’re a bit lost when it comes to car seats. If we buy the Snugride 30 classic connect (allong with the graco adaptor), will it work for our stroller? Thanks

29. Clash of Clans Gems Hack October 18, 2013 at 12:36 am #

Hey there, I’m new to running a blog and internet sites
    in general and was curious about how you got the “www” included
    in your web address name? I see your web address, “http://blog.gracobaby.com/2013/03/22/a-new-way-of-connecting-click-vs-classic/” has the www and
    my web address looks like, “http://mydomain.com”. Do you know the easiest way I can change this?
    I’m using WordPress. Many thanks

30. Paul October 21, 2013 at 8:53 pm #

Simple question: Why would you introduce a new line of car seats and strollers that are incompatible with the old line and then give both lines nearly identical names?

I bought a Snugride carseat and a Snugride jogging stroller and had no idea they were incompatible. My only clue was that the first time I tried to use them together, I was concerned that the seat did not seem secure enough. After a lot of online research, I finally discovered that I had a “Classic Connect” carseat and a “Click Connect” stroller. How many people are going to make this same mistake? This is not just an inconvenience, it’s a serious safety concern.

It’s disappointing that there are a lot of questions and concerns on this board going back several months and I see no response from Graco.

31. Karen October 22, 2013 at 5:36 pm #

just bought the Graco Click Connect 40 carseat for my new baby. Loved the new seat so far, but VERY VERY disappointed with the stroller options, especially double stroller.
    Because the Click connect doesn’t fit with the old/classic graco strollers I understood I would new stroller. But when I went to the store to check the double stroller, I was soooo disappointed.
    - there’s no way to have both canopies (the one from the stroller and the one from the infant carseat) together up, to shield baby
    - no way to lower the back of the stroller to make place for baby to sleep (like in outings when I don’t have the infant carseat or the baby no longer fits in the infant carseat)
    - and when both kids are in the stroller (baby and older sibling), they can’t both be sitting forward facing. Doesn’t the person who design it not think that both kids would like to face forward? This is ridiculous.
    WHO ON EARTH designed this stroller? For sure not a mom!
    I cannot believe that Graco would design smthg so not mommy and kids friendly/useful. Seriously!
    QUESTION: IS this the ONLY double stroller available that fits the new Infant Click Connnect Carseats (besides the one side by side)? Really? If yes, is there a connecter I can buy to adapt the infant carseat to fit in my classic dual glider double stroller (much better!!! Don’t love it, but much more friendly to babies, toddlers and moms!)

32. Hollie October 24, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

I bought a travel system (Graco Deluxe Stylus Travel System Stroller Ben) in January of 2012. I am pregnant again and expecting in November of 2013. I want the Ready2Grow stroller and was wondering if a classic connect carseat is compatible with a click connect stroller?

33. Eric November 3, 2013 at 12:11 am #

I just bought a click connect 35 that is not compatible with my baby jogger summit stroller. Wife threw out box so now i’m stuck with it. Very disappointing and confusing classic vs click systems. Seems pointless especially since there is no obvious difference besides the name. Hey Graco! I’m switching to evenflo!

34. Karen November 3, 2013 at 3:45 am #

Wondering, does Graco any read these posts? Because it would be nice to get some answers! I emailed them and got no answer either. Frustrating. I don’t know if I should return the seat or not. Would be nice to know if they are coming up with a new double stroller that would better suit mothers of multiples (twins) and mothers of small children close in age. I need a stroller that works well for taking both my 2 year old and my new baby together.

35. Belinda November 22, 2013 at 12:18 pm #

I had an older “classic” travel system (5 years old) and wanted to upgrade my carseat, so I decided on the click connect 35. I love it!! I’ve been using it with my stroller, and it works just fine! I run an in-home daycare and often times take the kids out and about, so I’ve purchased a tandem stroller (Contours) that has 2 child seats, as well as 2 carseat apapters that are interchangeable, and I’ve been able to use my click connect and other graco classics with it. I guess I haven’t had any problems using the click connect, I would definitely recommend the Contours stroller to the moms of twins on here, I love that it has 2 options, seat or carseat, and for around $200 its one of the cheapest options you can buy!

36. Sarah January 3, 2014 at 4:37 pm #

Graco does indeed have a double click connect stroller.

I love this seat, and I love the modes stroller. I am waiting rather impatiently to get it so I can get my dogs used to it.

This is a new line, it won’t have the widest variety of options yet, so for those who are disappointed, it may be that you just need to stick with the Classic connect till more options that suit your tastes are available. For me Graco uses way too much plastic, but since I love the lightweight of the seat and the fact it goes up to 35 lbs, and the modes stroller is 100 less than the JJ Cole broadway I was looking at, I’m fine with it.

My question is this: Can the Click connect snugride fit the Original Snugride model?

37. James February 9, 2014 at 8:19 pm #

Bottomline Graco, don’t design a new model of something and give it the same d$^& name as the old one. We have bought a number of car seat bases and stroller adapters that we have been assured are compatible with the SnugRide Click Connect 35, even though the packaging says SnugRide 35. Why would you even call it SnugRide? Your customers don’t give a s%&* about your stupid trademark branding names. In addition to quality and safety, people want clarity and convenience, which you have failed to provide with this line. If it’s completely different, name it something completely different. There is too much confusion at the retail stores about what is what between a SnugRide 35 and a SnugRide Click Connect 35.

38. Kurt February 20, 2014 at 4:37 am #

We’re about to return to Missouri for great grandma’s funeral and are left wondering if the Snugride 35 bases will work with our Snugride Click Connect 35 LX seats. Are we going to have to fly with the bases as well so that we have bases when we get there? Snugride 35 bases await us, but we’re afraid to arrive at our destination to find out they don’t fit. Has anybody tried out the new Click Connect on the old bases? Leaving with twins in less than 10 hours.

39. Ambs February 21, 2014 at 8:46 pm #

I have some advice that I unfortunately got a little too late. First of all even though I bought the snugride 35 instead of it’s smaller counterpart I am still really happy with it. Graco is a leader in car seats so they are very comparable with jogging strollers etc. the major reasons why I wish I has bought a smaller one is this: by the time your baby outgrows if you will be wanting the next stage in car seat anyway, because they no longer appreciate being toted around in the car seat. Second reason is the 35 is too wide for most shopping carts which some of you will argue is not safe but I tell you it’s a life saver. Also too wide to use in flipped over restaurant high chairs. This is a convenient feature of wooden restaurant high chairs that few people know about but the snugride 35 is too wide for. So save your arms and get the LIGHEST one available.

40. Clash of Clans Gems Generator April 16, 2014 at 11:44 am #

Wonderfful blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m hoping to start myy own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you advise starting with a free platform llike WordPress orr goo for a pid option?
    There are so many choices out there that I’m totally overwhelmed ..
    Any recommendations? Bless you!

Check out my web blog: Clash of Clans Gems Generator

41. Mike June 20, 2014 at 2:45 am #

Deceptive how the only difference is “classic” vs. “click”. Model numbers 30, 35 etc. are the same but not interchangeable of course. We were informed at the store that the SnugRide 30 base would fit our SnugRide 35 seat, but not if you were to mention the base is the SnugRide “Classic” connect 30 and the seat is the SnugRide “Click” connect 35. Tomorrow is the first day of daycare and I do not have a base that will work, so mom will have to drop-off and pick-up… :-( To top it off, the purchases were made months ago and boxes and receipts are history!

42. tami June 27, 2014 at 12:26 pm #

I am so disappointed in this product! Love the carseat however if I had known that Graco did not make a double snap and go or a double stroller that went with this product I would not have purchased it! I was under the impression that it would work with other graco products! I would like the company to exchange my SnugRide click connect for the classic. I do not have the boxes as I had to purchase them while I was out of state!
    Can you please tell me if the click connect is compatible with the Bob Revolution Duallie double stroller carseat adapter?

43. carissa July 5, 2014 at 2:55 pm #

The us has a double click connect stroller that can be shipped pretty much anywhere only downfall for me is the warranty is void as apparently only has been saftied for us standards

44. Fishing Superstars Hack July 7, 2014 at 7:18 am #

This post is worth everyone’s attention. When can I find out more?

Here is my web site: Fishing Superstars Hack

45. free netflix account no survey July 8, 2014 at 4:48 am #

The best part is that once the trial offers are complete (the minimum requirement is 1.

Much, out of the twenty or so movies I have actually watched, the user only paused as soon as to toggle
    video higher top quality to match my Web hookup pace and
    that was while noting on my laptop by means of a Wireless G hookup with three bars.
    Mr Hastings also gave a sign that it would possible be the UK
    when speaking concerning the company’s previous aborted try at entering the
    British online DVD rental market.

46. Sharon July 22, 2014 at 6:18 pm #

Very very disappointed that my twin granddaughters are having so many problems with finding Graco products for multiples. They only have one double bassinet available – the Vance, which is ugly in color, althought I saw another color on a website, but it was never available. The Dragonfly double stroller is also ugly in color and only has the classic connect car seats, yet it seems like the click connect car seat is safer. I agree with others, it seems Graco is taking its customers for granted based on their history in the baby industries. Horrible public relations, marketing and maybe we shoudl all rally up and go public with complaints to their CEO.

47. kate August 22, 2014 at 1:34 pm #

This blog cracks me up. A blog entry is posted. Tons of consumers ask tons of questions; seeking Graco’s help. No responses from Graco whatsoever. Graco should be embarrassed…Was going to buy a graco snug ride to go with my bob ironman, since it’s a little cheaper, but forget it. I like bob/britax products anyway and i’m guaranteed compatibility.