Introducing Graco Gliders: Gliding is the New Swinging

Babies come in all shapes and sizes and with different preferences: some are soothed by the sound of running water, while others are mesmerized by the hum of a hairdryer. The one thing that’s nearly universal: babies love cuddling with their mommies and daddies, swaying gently back and forth in a nursery glider chair. For those moments when you can’t hold your little one, Graco wanted to make sure you can still soothe baby with that familiar motion. We invented the first baby swing (in 1955: the Swyngomatic®) and we’re so proud to reinvent it now, with a whole new line of swings: Gliders!

The new motion is terrific because your baby already loves it—it’s familiar since he “glides” with you in your nursery glider chair. There are three categories within this line, so it’s easy to find the glider that’s just right for your home and little one. Meet our Gliders!

Graco Glider™ LX: This ingenious new glider soothes your baby with the gliding motion he already knows and loves. It has an innovative frame design that uses 40% less space than other leading full-size swings, so it will easily fit into any room of your house. The roomy seat offers plush head and body support and three recline positions, so your baby is always comfy. Two vibration speed settings, six gliding speeds, 10 melodies and five nature sounds, a timer to save battery life and the option to plug in to power up.

Graco Glider™ Elite: This is the deluxe version of the glider, since the glider seat doubles as a removable bouncer—so you get two great, soothing motions to calm and entertain your little one. And, it uses 40% less space that other leading full-size swings. There are three recline positions and offers two vibration speeds, six swing speeds and 10 melodies and five nature sounds. It also features a cute canopy with soft toys and parents have the option to plug into the wall or use batteries. This year, it will be available in the darling Minnie’s Garden and Brompton fashions, exclusively at Babies “R” Us.

Graco Glider™ Petite / Glider™ Petite XL: This petite glider offers a lightweight, portable frame that makes it easy to soothe baby anywhere in the house—or even when you’re traveling. It has six gliding speeds, 10 melodies and five nature sounds, a timer to extend battery life, a five-point harness, an adorable toy bar and the LX version even offers the option to power up with a plug in.

No matter which Graco glider swing you choose, your baby is sure to love the familiar motion of gliding, and you’ll love knowing that, even when you can’t rock your little one yourself, he / she is enjoying the comforting, soothing motion. Happy gliding!

388 Responses to “Introducing Graco Gliders: Gliding is the New Swinging”

1. Amanda Johnson April 25, 2013 at 7:08 pm #

I would relax a while.

2. Christen Peiffer April 25, 2013 at 7:10 pm #

Due in June with my 1st baby, and I cant imagine I would want to do anything but watch my little one enjoy the comforts of the glider, I cant wait untill she is hear so I can enjoy precious moments like this!

3. megan rowlan April 25, 2013 at 7:13 pm #

So nice. Would love to have one.

4. Carrie W. April 25, 2013 at 7:15 pm #

I would be able to give my arms a rest with this! Neither of my babies liked the swing much. They just liked to be cradled and swung back and forth. As much as I enjoy holding my babies, maybe the motion of this glider would allow me to clean the house once in a while. :)

5. Mandi April 25, 2013 at 7:16 pm #

I could actually get dinner on the table if little one was soothed in this glider.

6. Leah Teer April 25, 2013 at 7:18 pm #

Such a great idea! We would love to try it out!

7. Svitlana April 25, 2013 at 7:20 pm #

Sleep, while baby is sleeping

8. Laci Pressler April 25, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Since this is baby number 5 and we no longer have a swing, I would use that time to get some homeschooling done with my three oldest. Due in June with my fifth girl!!

9. Elizabeth C. April 25, 2013 at 7:23 pm #

This is baby #2 for us and #1 is 4 years old. While baby was chilling in the glider, I would probably spend time with my older kiddo. :)

10. Courtenie April 25, 2013 at 7:23 pm #

I would clean and get anything that I need to get done while my newborn is sleeping in one and whenever I don’t have anything I need to do I would curl up and take a nap with it

11. JLin April 25, 2013 at 7:26 pm #

I would able to sit down for my meals!

12. Wei April 25, 2013 at 7:26 pm #

I would able to play some online games.

13. Lydia Walk April 25, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

I would make dinner with both hands! What a concept. :)

14. Ren April 25, 2013 at 7:27 pm #

Able to take a short nap maybe.

15. katie kitterman April 25, 2013 at 7:29 pm #

I would take a nap!

16. Alainna Bell April 25, 2013 at 7:30 pm #

I would relax and play with my older child and clean!

17. Melissa F. April 25, 2013 at 7:33 pm #

I am pregnant with my first child (baby boy) we are so excited! I have heard that the swing/glider is a must have and will help soothe the baby on those crazy days where you just can’t get anything done. I would use this on days like that, or simply when i need
    a break. The baby feels cuddled and comfortable and mom has no worries. :)

18. Rebecca Wright April 25, 2013 at 7:35 pm #

This would be so helpful once the baby is born. I would use this awesome glider to sneak in some time for a nice hot shower and after the shower hopefully have some time to paint my toe nails since I haven’t been able to see my feet since I was almost five months pregnant!

19. Christina jones April 25, 2013 at 7:38 pm #

My husband and I tried to get to pregnant for 2 years and it finally happened I have 2 step sons so I would use this to sit back and watch my miracle and to make sure I make time for my step sons so they know they are still important and special

20. Valerie Coulter April 25, 2013 at 7:40 pm #

This swing is amazing! I would definitely get some bills paid some cleaning done get a shower in play with our dog for a bit and then relax at the end :)

21. Lauren Hayes April 25, 2013 at 7:42 pm #

We would love to gift this to a family friend who is pregnant and having a girl in June!! We have a son who will be one year in May … Can’t believe it would have LOVED this for him!!! CONGRATS to all the new mommies and daddies and all the families with New additions:)

22. Jessica Davis April 25, 2013 at 7:42 pm #

I am due in June with twins so I’m sure there will be LOTS I could he doing while one of my babies is gliding…like taking a shower or eating or using the bathroom haha. I’m definitely going to have my hands full but wouldn’t have it any other way. After losing two pregnancies I will welcome the busyness! :)

23. Rachael G April 25, 2013 at 7:51 pm #

I would probably attempt to clean up the house a bit. I always tried to sleep when my first child was sleeping but I never could, what with list of “things to do” running through my head.

24. alia parveen April 25, 2013 at 7:54 pm #

i would paint or at least get started on a new canvas

25. Susan April 25, 2013 at 7:56 pm #

Dishes, laundry and showers.

26. David L April 25, 2013 at 7:57 pm #

Just found out a week ago were expecting a little boy who will be needing heart surgery to fix a congenital heart defect once he’s born. This glider looks very comfortable with the reclining position and looks small enough we can take it to the hospital with us for when were able to have a regular recovery room. The open top design would also be very helpful for any tubes or wires that need to be on our son.
    While baby is being soothed in this glider I would see if one of the nurses didn’t mind watching our little guy so I can treat my wife to a dinner. She deserves a little stress free time after everything that were going to experience.

27. Jennifer Lopez April 25, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

I would take time to relax.

28. Scott Walk April 25, 2013 at 8:01 pm #

I would give my beautiful wife a backrub while watching our little baby happily swinging in the glider :-)

29. Christina McKenna-Lezzo April 25, 2013 at 8:04 pm #

I would study for Nursing School while watching my baby girl sleep peacefully in her glider. : )

30. angela April 25, 2013 at 8:05 pm #

This would be lots of help. I would be able to get all my mommy duties done. Shower time without rushing out the bathroom, cooking, cleaning too.n spend time with my other 2 kids.. would love to have this.

31. Charry Dampil April 25, 2013 at 8:07 pm #

It is going to be “me” time while baby is on the Glider. Time to keep myself relaxed, stress free, and beautiful. So when people sees me and asks why I look so good after having my baby I’ll tell them it is because Graco Glider took care of my baby and me!

32. elizabeth miller April 25, 2013 at 8:12 pm #

probably…run around and do chores and think about how much I should just relax

33. Ambre April 25, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

I would nap right along with him!!!

34. Sherri Head April 25, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

I would be able to cook dinner with 2 hands

35. Denise Ri April 25, 2013 at 8:28 pm #

Nap! Dishes! Laundry! A BATH!!! I would love a product that keeps my baby occupied for long enough to accomplish at least one of these without needing my husband home!

36. Emily Montroy April 25, 2013 at 8:29 pm #

This would be so nice for my newborn! We have a graco bouncer now, but I thinnk as she gets bigger she will like something with more motion. The vibration on the bouncer is great for a newborn though! Plus, a swing would give me a little extra time for housework :)

37. diana April 25, 2013 at 8:30 pm #

new grandbaby on the way aug 22

38. Amy M April 25, 2013 at 8:30 pm #

I would totally enjoy a few minutes devoted to playing with her wild 3-year-old brother!!!

39. Sarah April 25, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

I would love this for my sweet baby girl!! While she relaxed I would enjoy a shower and see if I could catch up with dishes and laundry, though my 22 month old would like some mommy time too.

40. darlene April 25, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

we need two of these twins due in july!!

41. Abigail Ramage April 25, 2013 at 8:32 pm #

I would like to get some sleep without a wiggly baby on top of me! I could also use the time to finally cook some meals for the rest of the family.

42. trisha kilpatrick April 25, 2013 at 8:37 pm #

I like to think that I would get some household chores done, but I would probably just watch my little one sleep.

43. Susan S. April 25, 2013 at 8:43 pm #

After a long time, years of impatiently waiting, I finally got the great news that ai will be blessed with a newborn nephew in September! Winning this would be ideal for everyone involved in his life. Especially mommy and daddy. It’s been 9 years since there’s been a newborn in the house and this would come in handy while everyone gets back into the swing of things. I wish I could be like everyone else and say there would be napping involved while the baby is gliding. But knowing his mommy, who is a wonderful photographer, im sure there will be lots of picture taking involved.

44. jhentry April 25, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

I would either prop my feet up for a few minutes or take a well deserved shower!

45. Alexander Hall April 25, 2013 at 9:06 pm #

I would let our baby to be swing swing swing away to sleep

:-)

Alex

46. Kristen April 25, 2013 at 9:07 pm #

This glider looks fantastic! My baby would love this! I would let my baby play/fall asleep in the glider while I get some things done around the house. I would feel very safe knowing my baby is sleeping peacefully in the Graco Glider :) Thanks for letting me enter! :)

47. kyle April 25, 2013 at 9:08 pm #

To have this would be a whole lot of stress lifted off our shoulders! Looks amazing!

48. Lydia April 25, 2013 at 9:09 pm #

I would be able to take care of my 1yr old while the new baby snoozes and glides.

49. kathy April 25, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

This Graco Glider would be perfect for my grandson who comes to visit everyday. I would be able to get somethings done knowing that he is safe. After all Graco is the only brand I trust!

50. Erica Schneidman April 25, 2013 at 9:12 pm #

I would shower or do laundry or maybe I would just rest!!